ANIMAL CARE P C Denver, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Veterinary Technician Job Description
Your Role in Achieving “The Vida Experience”:
- Own the problem
- I can help with that
- Be aware of how I effect others
- Own my mistakes
- Performs all duties in accordance with hospital medical policies and procedures.
- Assists doctor in medical, surgical and periodontal procedures; goes over estimates with clients; assists doctor in prepping for surgery and administering anesthetics; monitors patients during surgery and recovery
- Gives injections and administers medications in accordance with the doctor direction.
- Assists in restraining patients appropriately when necessary.
- Performs clinical laboratory procedures such as a fecal, urinalysis, cytology, fungal cultures; draws blood for laboratory analysis; maintain lab logs and ensures that test results are recorded in patient medical record.
- Takes diagnostic radiographs (periodontal and regular), can email and save them on a disc and can submit them to radiologist for review.
- Admits and discharges patients according to the doctor’s orders. Counsels clients on various aspects of patient care; explain dosage/purpose of medications; reinforce the proper care and procedures that should be followed at home; makes recheck phone calls to clients.
- Understands usage and dosage for all prescription drugs and can readily explain them to clients.
- Properly cleans, disinfects and stocks all areas of treatment.
- Maintains patient’s electronic medical record and entering and completing a treatment plan.
- Is available to help other team member as required.
- Performs other duties as determined by doctors and team leaders.
Computer entry and file maintenance
- Enter charges appropriately in invoicing; take payment and record properly in the computer
- Start SOAP (electronic medical record) for each outpatient and record exam notes, and TPR information appropriately
- Can make estimates according to doctors direction and how to take a down payment for services.
- Be able to interpret electronic medical records, for appointments phone calls and any other questions regarding patients.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of treatment, and all kennel areas.
- Restock all of treatment and kennel areas.
- Ensure that task list is completed at the end of every shift
Daytime Position: Working hours are Monday through Friday 6:45am to 7pm, Saturday's 6:45am to 5pm and variable on Sunday's.
Overnight Position: Working hours are 10pm to 8am daily. Shift differential available!
ANIMAL CARE P C
AnimalView all jobs at ANIMAL CARE P C