The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA or ‘the Authority’) is one of the largest transit organizations in the United States. Formed in 1967 under an interstate compact among the District of Columbia, the State of Maryland, and the Commonwealth of Virginia, the WMATA service area is approximately 1,500 square miles, with a population of approximately four million people. The Authority provides three core transit functions: Metro rail, Metro bus, and Metro Access paratransit. Average weekday passenger trips combined on all three modes total approximately one million.
The WMATA Metro Access service is the paratransit provider of record for the Washington metropolitan region. The Authority currently uses the Trapeze software system, which has been the chosen software system since the inception of the paratransit program. WMATA currently is experiencing several types of issues with the software, such has limited expert users and challenges in developing advanced users of the paratransit system software. The Authority is seeking to recompute the organization’s paratransit software system
Roles and Responsibilities:
PM/Team Lead reports directly to the WMATA Task Manager. The PM/Team Lead shall manage and oversee the development of all solicitation documents, cost estimates, and procurement documents for WMATA to use to release an RFP to obtain a new paratransit software solution. The PM/Team Lead shall coordinate and communicate frequently with the WMATA Task Manager throughout the initiation, implementation, and post award processes.
· Coordinate with WMATA ACCS, Information Technology (IT), Procurement and Materials (PRMT), and other WMATA departments to develop the solicitation documents for acquisition of an effective software system for MetroAccess, as well as to provide other WMATA support, as needed;
· Work closely with entire project team on the deliverables;
· Oversee the research and evaluation of alternatives for software, hardware, technical procedures, and related services;
· Oversee the completion of requested solicitation documents;
· Prepare presentations for WMATA management, provide alternatives for WMATA consideration, and implement determined alternative;
· Oversee procurement process for the solicitation and award of the Paratransit software system acquisition contract;
· Ensure quality reviews of all materials and project deliverables before delivery to
WMATA, such as working in conjunction with IT resources to test the software solution through a trial license to ensure functionality;
· Develop an implementation plan for the new software system;