Senior IT Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ANGARAI is looking for a Senior Information Technology (IT) Project Manager who will be responsible for the successful completion of Client’ business-facing and internal Information Technology (IT) projects. The Senior IT Project Manager position will serve as a critical role in providing management services to implement a project portfolio for systems development projects; and will support a major project through the required infrastructure (external and internal wiring) upgrades, video, remote video interpreting and AV solutions.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Perform site implementation project manager duties as follows:
a. Conduct site assessment for infrastructure requirements to support a case management system installation.
b. Prepare system requirements and specifications for the case management system installation.
c. Management of equipment provisioning, procurement, and installation of the case management system-infrastructure equipment.
d. Assess project risk by taking into consideration variables such as costs, scope, duration, and resources.
e. Manage stakeholders’ expectations, including ensuring that stakeholders understand their roles and responsibilities within the project.
f. Manage vendor activities
g. Manage projects by monitoring costs, evaluating project status, realigning resources as required to keep project on schedule, and ensuring deliverables received conform to Client requirements.
2. Performing analysis and design of IT systems as follows:
a. Determine how the project meets the business needs and strategic objectives of the Client.
b. Create and define the business case for IT projects.
c. Lead matrixed project teams responsible for implementing system requirements by defining and analyzing system problems.
d. Define system problems by conferring with the project team, business owners, stakeholders, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
e. Perform evaluations of processes, workflow, and procedures.
f. Create gap analysis that compares gaps between the ‘as is’ and the ‘to be’ systems.
g. Propose alternative IT solutions as needed.
h. Create Functional Requirements Document (FRD), Use Cases, and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
i. Define and create test plans and ensure that the proposed IT solution is fully tested.
j. Schedule, lead, and facilitate requirements gathering and identification meetings.
k. Based on the type of project, ensure there are system diagrams including architecture, sequence, topology, and process in place.
3. Managing Client IT projects as follows:
a. For business facing and internal projects, create and maintain the following project artifacts as needed: (1) Charter (Scope Statement), (2) Stakeholder and Vendor Management. (3) Project Schedule, (4) Requirements Traceability Matrix, (5) Data Conversion/Migration, (6) Risk Register / Issues Log, (7) Deployment Plan, (8) Test Plan, (9) Acceptance Plan, (10) Status Reports, and (11) Meeting Minutes.
b. Maintain expert level knowledge and skills relative to the Client’ Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and the Project Management Office (PMO) templates.
c. Work in partnership with the project team, Client infrastructure team, and the vendors to manage the release of new software.
d. Create and maintain the Project Management Plan (PMP) containing the subsidiary project artifacts mentioned above.
e. Chair project and status meetings, as needed.
f. Determine and isolate issues to determine if the issues are related to the system requirements, data, performance, workflow, business process, quality of the software or training.
g. Assess where the issue should be assigned, for example, to the Client, vendor, user, or back to the originator for clarification.
h. Determine impact of an issue – high, medium, or low. Create strategies for issue resolution.
i. Consistently review all updates to issues and ensure that there is complete and thorough documentation and appropriate assignment.
j. Maintain and update a risk register. Determine the probability and impact of all risks. Develop risk contingency, mitigation, or avoidance options.
k. Ensure each software release or patch contains vendor test results, Client-required configurations, and release notes.
l. Create and maintain a Holistic view of stakeholders/business owners’ functional duties to understand impact of dependent/inter-related business functions.
4. Monitoring and controlling project work as follows:
a. Track all project performance against any performance metrics.
b. Monitor and control project scope, cost, and schedule.
c. Take into consideration stakeholder risk aversion during the review processes.
d. Monitor the ongoing project activities against the project management plan and any project performance baselines.
e. Perform integrated change control by creating and reviewing change requests.
f. Control change and recommend corrective or preventive actions.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree or ten (10) years of IT project experience in lieu of degree.
2. Five (5) years’ experience in managing concurrent projects with budgets exceeding $500,000.
3. Project Manager Professional (PMP) and ITIL Foundation certifications are preferred.
4. Offeror shall propose a resource possessing the following preferred skills, experiences, and capabilities:
a. Ability to work in a matrixed organization to align resources towards project deliverables.
b. Knowledge and ability to utilize standards and guidelines relative to the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
c. Highly organized with the ability to track multiple projects, requirements, action items, and follow through to task closure.
d. Business process analysis skills.
e. Detail oriented.
f. Ability to translate technical concepts into business terms.
g. Data review and data migration skills.
h. Ability to work on multiple projects and objectives.
i. Knowledge of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
j. Proficient with software implementation to include: (1) Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS), (2) In-house, (3) Software as a Service (SaaS), and (4) Cloud computing strategies.
5. Experience providing periodic reports on time and project progress/status to supervisor(s).
6. Primary Client locations will be in Annapolis and Baltimore, with other Maryland locations also possible to visit for work. Minimal remote work may be permitted. A valid drivers’ license and access to a vehicle is required, to commute to various work sites. Some site visits may require arranging local lodging accommodations and traveling to the region the night before the required site visit (with prior approval).
7. Depending on project requirements, the resource must be able to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. The resource must also be available to provide on-call operational support as required outside of business hours.
8. The resource will be required to follow all current Client protocols referencing pandemic flu or other infectious diseases including, but not limited to, proof of vaccination, producing negative COVID tests, completing/passing an initial screening questionnaire, noncontact temperature taking, the wearing of personal protective equipment (e.g., face mask), and practicing of appropriate social distancing measures.
ANGARAI is a professional management consulting firm with a Project Management Office (PMO), specializing in Enterprise Transformation Services and Enterprise Oversight Services across Federal, State and Local agencies. We provide holistic solutions to our global customers through strategic business advice, organizational change management and enterprise technology development that includes both business and architecture solutions. We take pride in working with key government agencies like WMATA, WSSC, MWAA etc.
We empower our employees, who are our ambassadors; by providing them enough room for growth which in turn helps in developing the value of the company. Employees will also have the opportunity to make a valuable impact as these projects are crucial to maintaining and improving the health, safety, and well-being of our community.
Get fresh Project Manager Senior jobs daily straight to your inbox!