ANGARAI - Project Management consulting firm based out of Greenbelt, MD.
ANGARAI is a professional management consulting firm that is driven by excellence. We provide ample opportunities for growth in an atmosphere that is family-oriented, yet challenging. Our key focus is on providing holistic solutions, which benefits both the client (State, Federal, or Private) and our organization.
Client: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
Project Title: Radio Program Project Management and On‐Call Services
Project status: Immediate Requirement
Project Location: Washington, DC and Metro Area
Project Description: Our client, one of the biggest transit agencies in MD, currently plans on implementing the Radio & Cellular Infrastructure Replacement Project where it’s required to replace its operational T‐band frequencies of 488‐500 MHz to 700 MHz. In addition, the client is required to provide access to wireless services in the underground areas of the metro system.
ANGARAI is actively looking for a Project Administrative Assistant who can support various Project Management projects across multiple transit agencies we are already engaged with including this one. The Project Administrative Assistant position involves performance of moderate difficulty and highly confidential administrative and office management work assignments for the Project Manager. This position requires an effective team member who can positively support project team members and foster a working environment where project staff who are culturally diverse can work together cooperatively.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Control Project Manager’s schedule with authority to commit the Project Manager’s time;
- Obtain necessary background information and presents available facts in a summary manner;
- Prepares meeting agendas, safety contacts, and relevant reports, as required;
- Regularly attend meetings with the Project Manager and transcribes meeting minutes;
- Distribute meeting information to all meeting participants when hosted by the Project Manager;
- Review incoming email and compose correspondence on own initiative based on knowledge of Project Manager’s views and previous actions on matters;
- Review correspondence and other documentation prepared by others to ensure compliance with policy and procedures;
- Act as a liaison between supervisor and other staff members and ensures that effective and timely actions are taken on administrative matters;
- Handle travel arrangements for managers in the department to ensure timeliness and quality with responses to all requests;
- In the absence of the Project Manager, ensure that requests normally routed to the Project Manager are referred to appropriate staff members;
- Monitor the status of these requests and conduct all necessary follow‐through activity;
- Support and administer all project documentation through the Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) (Procore/other);
- Manage and maintain file structures within PMIS and update accordingly;
- Assist the Project Manager preparing reports, presentation, and other documentation as needed for the Authority, media outlets, and outside agencies; and
- Complete a daily work report that outlines the work completed for the day.
Background and Experience Required:
- High school diploma and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in office management activities that involve providing administrative/secretarial services within a diverse organizational entity;
- Proven efficiency with Microsoft Office products, including proficiency in spreadsheets, presentation, and database software;
- Demonstrated proficiency in communication (both oral and written) and clerical skills including spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar;
- Able to proofread the work of others and one’s own work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Must be able to pass a Government background check;
- Must have reliable transportation; and
- Must be willing to occasionally work evenings and weekends, as necessary.
ANGARAI is a professional management consulting firm with a Project Management Office (PMO), specializing in Enterprise Transformation Services and Enterprise Oversight Services across Federal, State and Local agencies. We provide holistic solutions to our global customers through strategic business advice, organizational change management and enterprise technology development that includes both business and architecture solutions. We take pride in working with key government agencies like WMATA, WSSC, MWAA etc.
We empower our employees, who are our ambassadors; by providing them enough room for growth which in turn helps in developing the value of the company. Employees will also have the opportunity to make a valuable impact as these projects are crucial to maintaining and improving the health, safety, and well-being of our community.