ANG SIGNAL LLC Silver Spring, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ANG SIGNAL is looking for a Network Architect/Technical Lead to join our team supporting the federal government. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for providing technical leadership on a variety of network projects. The Lead Architect must have considerable specialist skills and knowledge that allow him to provide technical leadership as well as training and support to team members. The Lead Architect should be able to design, communicate, and implement solutions within a timely manner. This is a customer facing role and the candidate must be able to communicate complex information to a variety of audiences with different knowledge backgrounds.
ANG SIGNAL is a technology focused company specialized in delivering world class network services and mission critical solutions to the federal government. We strongly believe that our staff is our greatest asset and the backbone of our company; and that a company is only as good as its team members. We strive to hire the most highly qualified applicants for a wide range of challenging and fulfilling positions. Our diverse team embraces challenges in an inclusive atmosphere that values work-life balance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receives consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
ANG SIGNAL offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays; medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage plans; matching 401K plan and tuition/training reimbursement.
- Work with a team of network experts to support a service provider scale network that connects multiple high performance computing sites and data centers, and provides network services to over 22,000 users nationwide
- Provide technical leadership to the team to execute multiple mission critical projects and maintain a stable operations environment
- Provide analysis and recommendations for the continuous improvement of cloud network
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the network.Troubleshoot complex and escalated network problems and coordinate with the various department administrators to facilitate connectivity issue resolution
- Design and implement network solutions and participate in lab testing of new technologies
- High degree of engagement with both customer and development personnel
- Effectively support the coordination of project development from kickoff briefing to delivery, under the guidance of Managing Director
- Write and manage technical documentation, Standard Operating Procedures, maintenance plans. Provide status reports as required by the upper management, and participate in data calls and other operational and maintenance tasks
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with the team, government client, senior management and other stakeholders
- 10+ years of functional experience in a Network Engineering role, with at least 5 years of experience as a Technical Lead or SME in a large scale enterprise network environment
- In-depth knowledge of network design to include complex routing and switching, remote access, wireless and network security solutions
- Strong knowledge of MPLS, BGP, OSPF and other R&S technologies
- Experience with cloud networks and security; Azure, AWS or GCP
- Cisco/Juniper Routers and Switches hands-on experience
- Experience with Cisco ISE, Aruba wireless and Clearpass is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of network security and security operations, including but not limited to firewalls (Cisco ASA, Fortigate, PaloAlto), UTM, IPS, etc.
- Ability to communicate designs and network concepts to a variety of audiences, including peers and customers, verbally and in writing
- General understanding of project management processes and terminology
- Strong leadership skills, personal drive, and ability to see projects through to execution in a matrixed environment
- Strong organizational and mentoring skills
- Possesses strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Professional certification (e.g. CCIE, JNCIE)
Remote Telework Possibilities.
Background check / Clearance Requirements:
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.
Job Type: Full-time
ANG SIGNAL LLCWhy Work Here?
Great Company Culture.. Passionate Team.. Great Pay, Perks & Benefits
ANG SIGNAL is a technology focused company specialized in delivering world class network services and mission critical solutions to the federal government.
AddressSilver Spring, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at ANG SIGNAL LLC