Career Development and Retention Specialist
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
ANEW is a nonprofit organization with a mission of building people, building communities. Founded in 1980, ANEW has a unique and successful reputation for assisting underserved populations into apprenticeship and family wage careers. ANEW is focused on changing the culture and demographics of industries that have historically not been diverse or inclusive.
POSITION TITLE: Career Development and Retention Specialist
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Partnerships, this position’s primary responsibility is connecting ANEW clients with high wage employment opportunities as well as helping those placed maintain successful and satisfying employment. This position provides support, guidance, and resources to both employees and employers to enhance job satisfaction, performance, and longevity. The perfect candidate for this position is outgoing, perseverant, resilient, and has advanced communication skills both in writing and verbally.
The Career Development and Retention Specialist is responsible for the successful placement and retention of ANEW program graduates into family wage careers, establishing and maintaining relationships with industry partners including labor unions, large and small companies, public entities, and any other organization that could potentially offer high-wage career opportunities, assisting department heads in understanding and meeting placement goals of funders, developing new and overseeing established professional networking and retention events like career fairs and speed mentoring, teaching clients how to successfully job hunt, and entering data into internal systems.
- Effectively connect with clients and employers, build relationships, and close deals (place clients into jobs)
- Assist ANEW clients to establish and advance careers through a combination of deliberate actions, experiences, education, and skill-building
- Present brief lessons in the classroom to young adult and adult students about effective job hunting and ANEW’s expectations of students after they graduate
- Outreach and network with potential employers in occupational fields related to ANEW training programs including attending events, making cold calls, visiting companies, walking on to construction job sites, attending in-person meetings, etc.
- Assist marketing in developing materials targeting potential employers, and identifying potential success stories to be published, speakers for special events, social media collaborations, etc.
- Understand the concept of grant funding and fulfilling the commitment(s) made by the grantee to the grantor
- Work with app developers to establish systematic tracking of information to document relationships with industry partners / employers in Salesforce app
- Submit regular and annual reporting on client placement rates, retention rates, and employer engagement activities
This is a new position at ANEW and so this description of duties is not all inclusive and may evolve. Employees are expected to perform duties relevant to their position as assigned.
MINIMUM / REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree, or a minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a related professional capacity
- Demonstrated commitment to economic, racial, and social justice and an understanding of the ways institutions and systems hurt communities of color through both conscious and unconscious bias
- Effective and efficient interpersonal communication with diverse stakeholders (i.e. students, employers, educators, and administrators)
- Intermediate level computer, application, and MS 365 experience
- Ability to be or portray confident, outgoing, positive, and sociable traits most of the workday
- Multi-tasking and effective organization of time and tasks
- Flexibility and adaptability in working with a growing non-profit
- Strong communication and administrative skills with a proven track record of managing multiple projects
- Experience in working with collaborative partnerships
- Knowledge of effective student case management and management of case loads
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess a Washington State driver’s
- Background screening through Washington State Patrol
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include evening and/or weekend when necessary (not often)
- Proof of citizenship or other authorization for employment
- Continuation of employment is contingent upon successfully performing work described
- Continuation of this position is dependent on achievement of performance goals and availability of funding
Work Location: ANEW Tukwila Training Center and Satellite locations as assigned. This position will include regular local travel but is not expected to require overnight travel. This position is eligible to work-from-home up to two days per week after completion of 90-day probationary term and upon agreement with the Director of Strategic Partnerships.
Work Schedule: This is a full-time, exempt position. Regular workweek is 40 hours, Monday through Friday business hours. Occasional evenings, weekends may be required. Regular and extensive local daytime travel is expected.
Reports to: Director of Strategic Partnerships
This position is paid as an exempt position with a starting salary of $65,000 - $67,969 per year. This position is grant-funded, and continuation of this position is subject to continuation of funding.
The successful candidate is expected to serve a 90-day probation period. Benefits will take effect 60 days after the first of the month following the hire date. Employer paid benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision and participation in a 401k plan.
A portion of the medical premium is made by the employee through a pre-tax contribution at time of payroll posting. Employees who work 30 hours per week or more qualify for full benefits and pay a pre-tax contribution of $80 per month for the employee. Employees who work 20 hours per week pay 25% of their benefits. Employees who work less than 20 hours per week are not eligible for paid benefits. Additional employer paid benefits include basic life insurance, vacation, sick leave, holiday pay and taxes as required by law. If the position is more than 30/hours per week, employer paid medical benefits will include medical, dental, and vision benefits. ANEW also contributes a 4% match to a 401K after one year of employment.
The final applicant will be selected by way of a competitive process which will include interviewing and professional reference checks.
Get fresh Career Development and Retention Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.