AMWASTE, LLC has immediate opening for an Customer Service Specialist to work at their operation located in the Birmingham, AL area. Customer Service Specialist: Applies acquired knowledge of industry, organization, services, and policies to provide efficient and courteous customer service by telephone and/or personal contact. Ensures services are provided in a courteous manner by observing customer service standards, established by management.
Reserve Scale Attendant: Provides general recordkeeping, customer service and administrative support at truck scales when the Scale Attendant is unavailable.
Customer Service Specialist:
- Answers the telephone or greets the customer.
- Provides prompt and correct information about collections, rates, billing, and account status.
- Addresses customer questions and resolves complaints through a combination of telephone service, computer data entry, billing, balancing and reconciling customer payments.
- Communicates with customers, peers, supervisors and managers, and representatives from other departments about current customer service standards and service options.
- Maintains appropriate records, prepares requested reports and performs related word processing, data entry and/or clerical duties.
- Expedites communications and services between customers and co-workers (within or without) immediate subsidiary by radio, in person, or through written communications to coordinate services, records, and account status.
- Participates in training related to customer service work processes, procedures, skills and safety to ensure optimum customer service.
- Directs trucks to scale and records full and empty weights.
- Calculates fees due according to net load weight and collects fees or records charge.
- Compiles record of garbage weights by category (such as recycle).
- Balances the cash drawer and checks for incorrect ticket entry daily.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Two years related experience and/or training in office or public contact work.
Salary: $10 to $14 per hour TO START!