VP of Human Resources
** Location. Pittsburg, PA **
** up to $150K per year**
** HR leadership experience in manufacturing is required**
** Must have multi-site oversight experience**
The Vice President, Human Resources will serve as the executive leader and subject matter expert for the Human Resources Function overseeing all HR including but not limited to the following areas: succession planning, recruitment and retention, performance management, employee & labor relations, compensation & benefits, and career development.
This position is expected to translate business strategy into a talent strategy for the organization, and help drive a performance-based culture that has the capability to change and adapt as the environment and competitive context changes.
- Oversees the design and development of compensation strategy and programs.
- Directs and manages the annual salary planning process and salary grade structure; oversees (budgeting and execution of with approval from Chief Executive Officer) merit increases and bonus programs; maintains Comp Deck.
- Directs and participates in the administration of benefit programs; evaluates and determines improvements to benefits programs.
- Leads the annual benefit renewal process, through cooperation with health & wellness benefits brokers and vendors.
- Oversees the administration, compliance, communication and management of the Employee Retirement Benefit Plan (401(k)), oversees reporting and annual testing.
- Facilitates 401(k) Investment Committee, manages quarterly meetings, coordinates with financial advisor, maintains Investment Policy Statement and ensures plan benefit changes and adjustments are executed in a timely manner and in accordance with committee meeting.
- Champions the design, implementation and continuous improvement of talent strategies and initiatives, including succession planning (biennial Succession and Talent Review), performance management, employee retention and engagement, and related systems.
- Develops and ensures implementation of recruiting plans, using traditional recruiting strategies and innovative new approaches.
- Facilitates the development of managerial capacity across the organization. Identifies and screens talent to meet evolving organizational requirements and develops a strong talent pipeline.
- Makes certain that talent acquisition and selection processes are up-to-date and effective.
- Oversees management of Applicant Tracking System
- Prepares and manages 5500 filings for all health and welfare and retirement programs by the required deadlines.
- Oversees the timely delivery of all legal notices such as the Summary Annual Report, and other required notices.
- Oversees the company’s EEO and Affirmative Action programs.
- Ensures proper development, training and enforcement of company policies.
- Leads investigations and makes appropriate determinations and establish actions following the investigations. Oversees Employee hotline.
- Leads the development and execution of the global Human Resources strategy and execution of the Human Resources strategic plan and shorter term plans and initiatives to support the business strategies and promote a unified company culture.
- Member of the Executive Leadership Team and the Global Operating Board
- Partners with the HR Managers in the management and execution of the common processes and day-to-day operations of Human Resources.
- Diagnoses organizational issues, develops solutions and implements the solutions.
- Oversees and coordinates biennial Associate Satisfaction Survey and ensures follow up and action items that result.
- Evaluates company culture and provides recommendations on changes to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- Develops and manages HR Department budget.
- Supervises HR Department, develops department initiatives, goals and objectives.
- Recommends and maintains an organizational structure and staffing levels to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- Direct reports include all U.S. HR Managers. Indirect reports include all non-U.S. HR Manager,
- Directs and oversees execution of Human Resources information services, information management and HR processes related to HR administration effectively.
- Oversees the HRIS in the development and execution of long-term strategy (hardware and software) ensuring that the operation and HR management have the critical information to manage effectively, drive down transaction costs and ensure quality of work and administration of data processing.
- Ensures the HRIS Administrators effectively manage data integrity and administration of data processes
- Master’s degree in business, human resources, organization development or a related discipline.
- 5+ years in a multi-site leadership role.
- 10+ years of experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of benefits, performance evaluation, and compensation plans; Understanding of individual performance, abilities, learning, and motivation; Knowledgeable about agency laws and regulations relating to human resources (FLSA, EEO, etc.).
- Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting including people,; corporate and human resource policies and benefits; leadership; teaming; and production methods.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels.
- Ability to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence others to support and act on those priorities.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Outstanding organizational and project management abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to lead/support objectives, targets and goals.
- Proficiency in delivering presentations and the ability to translate complex data into various formats to connect with the target audience.
- Ability to work collaboratively, utilize diplomacy when needed, and incorporate the needs of business leaders while remaining decisive to the human resources implications.