Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment? Are you looking for a job with purpose? AMT Medical Inc., is a dynamic and growing contract manufacturer of highly-engineered and precision-machined medical devices and components. We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join our team.
SUMMARY: The Quality Engineer installs and implements quality control process sampling systems, procedures, and inspection techniques. Investigates issues to determine root cause and develop appropriate corrective action and preventative actions. Trains others and specifies inspection and testing techniques and equipment. The Quality Engineer also analyzes production limitations and standards, and recommends revision of specifications when indicated. Formulates or assists in formulating quality control policies and procedures.
· Participates in development and management of the transition to operator based in-process inspection using SPC software.
· Lead in activities to identify non-value added processes and inspections
· Applies sound systematic problem-solving in identifying, prioritizing, communicating and resolving quality issues.
· Provide liaison and work closely with customers, vendors and production departments to resolve quality problems.
· Work with manufacturing on quantifying and documenting process capability
· Monitors in-process jobs to assure conformance.
· Trains inspection personnel on inspection techniques and processes
· Performs validations as needed with guidance from Director of Quality
· Assist in providing support to existing quality systems
· Write QA processes, controls, policies and procedures
· Prepares measurable data for periodic reporting to management and customers
· Provide guidance and training as needed
· Other duties as qualified and/or assigned
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Effective written and oral communications skills
· Exhibit strong leadership, supervisory, interpersonal, and team building skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to multitask
· Strong analysis and judgment skills
· Work well in a team environment as well as independently
· Bachelor’s degree with 1 to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and employees.
· Thorough knowledge of blueprints and precision measuring equipment
· Working knowledge of statistical tools (control charts, SPC, probability and trending)
· Strong math and interpersonal skills, teamwork, decision making, problem solving, root cause analysis and written skills (technical writing)
· Proficiency with MS Office required (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook). Ability to create and document test reports and use Excel to perform statistical analysis