Paralegal Trusts and Estates
- Posted: over a month ago
Please send resume in WORD format should you be interested in the following Paralegal (Trusts and Estates) position. This is a full-time, direct-hire position with a salary between 110-125K with AWESOME Benefits. If youre not interested, please pass along to your colleagues as we do pay referral fees.
Location: Washington DC
Term: Full-time, Direct hire
Sponsor/Transfer Visas: NO
Bachelors degree required: NO
Work environment: HYBRID 3 days in office/2 days WFH
Interview Process: (1) phone with HR Recruiter, (2) Zoom call with Hiring Manager (3) zoom call with Partner
Covid Vaccination required: YES
TAX AND PROBATE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Paralegals in the Private Client Practice Group work closely with the Private Client attorneys, assisting in the preparation of court papers, tax returns and other documents related to estate and trust administration.
As a Paralegal Estates, Wills & Trusts, you will:
- Research, draft and file probate court documents
- Compile information, computations and draft federal and state estate or inheritance tax returns
- Compile information, computations and draft federal gift tax returns
- Supervise and coordinate the collection and transfer of assets, payment of debts and administration expenses and the distribution of assets to beneficiaries for probate estates and funded trusts
- File wills in appropriate counties
- Prepare deeds and assessor forms
- Prepare basic forms and filings for entity formations and annual statements
- Ensure proper docketing and timely filing of all tax returns and court papers
- Prepare and send correspondence, including composing transmittal letters, etc.
- Communicate with banks, other financial institutions and relevant parties to administration of trust
- Prepare and coordinate requests for duplicating, messenger delivery, word processing, special mail handling, accounting and other office services
- Meet with clients and attorneys concerning the estate and/or trust
- College degree and paralegal certificate or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a paralegal with a law firm or financial institution, specializing in the areas of probate estate administration
- Experience in preparation of probate court documents including opening and closing court papers, inventories and accounts
- Proficient in administration of probate estates and funded trusts, including the collection and transfer of assets, the payment of debts and administration expenses and the distribution of assets to beneficiaries;
- Experience in preparation of federal estate tax returns
- Experience in preparation of federal gift tax returns preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, probate court e-filing software, CCH ProSystems fx, and EstateVal preferred
- Notary or willingness to become notary preferred
AMS Staffing, Inc.
LegalView all jobs at AMS Staffing, Inc.