Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- $65,000 to $115,000 Yearly
Please send resume in Word format if you are interested in this Mechanical Maintenance Engineer position located in Calvert, AL(Salary for this opening is $65K-$115K + BONUS (20% on average) + AWESOME BENEFITS + RELO PACKAGE!!!!!!!! Open to relocation of candidates in the United States, Canada and Mexico (TN-Visa candidates are welcome to apply). If you are not interested, please pass onto colleagues/associates should you not be interested as we offer $1000 referral fees should they be hired!!!!!!
Job Title: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Location: Calvert, AL
3rd Party C2C/Transfer:No
Referral Fee: $500 -Refer qualified colleague, friends, or family.
Please reply with an updated resume in Microsoft Word format
The ideal candidate will lead Mechanical Engineering functions for Construction and Maintenance of a new, state-of-the-art Electric Arc Furnace Melting and Casting Facility. He/she will develop and execute the Mechanical Equipment Maintenance Program to meet the business goals of our customer
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience working in engineering or maintenance in a steel manufacturing environment
- Experience working in steelmaking required
- Intermediate computer skills to include SAP and Microsoft Office
- In depth knowledge of Electric Arc Furnace, Ladle Metallurgy Facility, Vacuum Tank Degasser, Refractory, and/or Caster Maintenance
- Advanced skills in Hydraulic Systems, Vacuum Systems, Material Handling, Emissions Control Systems, and Bag Houses
- Excellent communications skills working with professionals, operations/maintenance personnel, and construction trades
- Comprehensive knowledge of Reliability Engineering Practices
- Predictive Maintenance experience including vibration, infrared, ultrasound, etc
- Ability to coordinate and execute multiple projects with minimal supervision
- 10+ years of experience working in engineering or maintenance in a steel manufacturing environment
- SAP Plant Maintenance experience preferred
TRAITS TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Holdsself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgancy, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Actively learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Play a vital role as part of the Project and Commissioning Team on Mechanical Engineering and Construction for the new melt shop. Ensure the new facility is designed for optimal operability and maintenance.
- Perform quality review of construction activities pertaining to Mechanical Equipment manufacturing and installation
- Develop Equipment Maintenance Program for an Electric Arc Furnace, Ladle Metallurgy Furnace, Vacuum Tank Degasser, Caster, Material Handling systems, utilities, and associated supporting equipment.
- Provide technical support for the project management group, from the feasibility study phase to the coordination of the final acceptance tests, ensuring the technical quality, as well as ensuring the correct technical documentation after commissioning or changes.
- Establish the minimum technical requirements necessary to purchase or modify equipment and/or systems by maintaining technical standards based on national, international or corporate standards, incorporating new technologies whenever necessary.
- Prepareand presentreports and findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Observesafety, review accident/incident reports and assist in investigations as required.
- Lead, support, participatein, and developimprovement programs and project groups
- Supportmanagement in optimizing quality, cost, reliability, and performance of equipment.
- Coordinateand directpersonnel as required.
- Demonstrates the company values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability
YOUR WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Office and Industrial setting in the Steel Making facility.
- During first ~2 years, Construction setting
- Gulf coast region in Calvert, AL
- Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads.
- People with heart pacemakers or any there electronic medical device are strictly prohibited from entering the furnace area. These devices include implanted pacemakers or implantable cardiac defibrillators where the device may be affected.Individuals identified to potentially work in EMF affected areas should identify the specific device they have as part of a medical history and manufacturers recommendations should be followed.
AMS Staffing, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?