Financial Systems Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Please send your resume in WORD format should you be interested in the following Financial Systems Manager position located in Chicago IL. This is a full-time, direct-hire position with a $120K - $135K + bonus + awesome benefits. If you are not interested in this position, please pass onto colleagues/associates as we do offer referral fees should they be hired.
Job Title: Financial Systems Manager
Work Environment: Hybrid (3 days in office, 2 days wfh)
Location: Chicago IL
Salary: $120K - $135K
3rd Party C2C/Transfer: No
Referral Fee: $500 - Refer qualified colleague, friends, or family.
Please reply with an updated resume in Microsoft Word format
The primary responsibility of the Financial Systems Manager is to oversee the streamlined operation of the financial and accounting systems to insure accurate system operation, integrity of financial data and success in audits. As the functional expert on the Firms financial systems, he/she will be the point of contact between Accounting/Finance and the Information Technology (IT) Department. The role will be responsible for managing and mentoring members of the Finance/IT team ensuring that they achieve and improve skillsets necessary to meet objectives of the Accounting and Finance teams, as well as the Firm. The role will design and document system updates, improve workflow and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide support towards the implementation, upgrade, functional and technical maintenance of financial systems applications.
- Oversee the technical aspects of implementing new systems related to accounting.
- Manage specific application quality assurance.
- Manage Finance/IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Manage team responsible for providing technical and application support to users of financial applications.
- Ensure continuing operational quality by documenting bug fixes and enhancements.
- Oversee system security by authorizing access to users by designing and/or modifying security profiles; adjust to changing requirements.
- Coordinate and provide end-user training, as necessary.
- Analyze discrepancies in system performance and make recommendations for updates.
- Detect and correct errors in accounting system by analyzing daily reports.
- Respond to ad hoc reporting and inquiry requests.
- Work with other departments on accounting-related issues
- Participate on project teams for implementing new systems or enhancing or upgrading existing systems.
- Identify and recommend production customizations and enhancements.
Skills & Competencies:
- Advanced knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience managing a team responsible for the support and maintenance of accounting/financial systems.
- Experience implementing a new system from start to finish.
- Experience with core financial software applications, such as Elite, ChromeRiver and DTE/Intapp Time
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping
Qualifications & Required Experience:
- Bachelors or associate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Computer Information Systems required.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or a related field is highly desirable and 5+ years of professional accounting experience and experience with personal computers and accounting software required.
- Minimum five years of financial or accounting systems experience in the legal industry required.
- Knowledge of structured query language (SQL), and in-depth knowledge of financial, time entry and cost recovery applications required.
AMS Staffing, Inc.
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Financial Systems Implementation jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.