- $70,000 to $80,000 Yearly
Please send your resume in WORD format should you be interested in the followingCorporate/Contract Analyst position located in Washington DC. This is a full-time, direct-hire position with a salary range of $70K - $80K and awesome benefits. If you are not interested in this position, please pass onto colleagues/associates as we do offer referral fees should they be hired.
Job Title: Corporate/Contract Analyst
Location: Washington DC
Work Environment: Hybrid (3 days in office/2 days WFH)
Salary:$70K - $80K
Bachelors Degree Required: Yes
Work Week hours: 37.5
Eligible for OT: Yes
Billable hour requirement: 1,536
3rd Party C2C/Transfer:No
Referral Fee: $500 -Refer qualified colleague, friends, or family.
Please reply with an updated resume in Microsoft Word format
Open to candidates who are not paralegals but have experience with reviewing corporate contracts.
This position requires at least two years of corporate experience.Candidates with more experience and franchise experience are encouraged to apply. Excellent writing and communication skills, organizational skills, and ability to work in a team environment are required. This position works under the direct supervision of a lawyer and provides the lawyer substantive legal services. A lawyer may delegate any task normally performed by a lawyer to a Paralegal, except those tasks prohibited to a non-lawyer by statute, court rule, administrative rule or regulation, controlling authority, the applicable rule of professional conduct of the jurisdiction in which the lawyer practices, or the ABA Guidelines for the Utilization of Paralegal Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain information retrieval systems including computerized file maintenance and document control systems.
- Research, review, and organize factual and background information.
- Utilize existing systems and procedures and/or establish new procedures to facilitate the organization and retrieval of documents by and for the attorneys on the case team.
- Research and prepare documents required for the formation, management, maintenance and dissolution of Corporations, LLCs and LPs and filing of such documentation, as required with various Departments of State.
- Determine registered agent for business entities.
- Obtain good standings from foreign countries for qualification with US states.
- Drafts, analyzes, and prepares legal documents for a supervising lawyer or paralegal.
- Coordinates legal projects and communicates legal information for a supervising lawyer or supervising paralegal.
- Prepare draft communications for a supervising lawyer or supervising paralegal.
- Collects, evaluates, and summarizes relevant facts and legal concepts for a supervising lawyer or supervising paralegal.
- Attends client meetings, coordination meetings, and legal proceedings with a supervising lawyer or supervising paralegal.
- Provides legal project management for a legal matter for a supervising lawyer or supervising paralegal.
- Supervises Project Assistants on assigned tasks.
- Maintains notary license in local jurisdiction.
- Follow all supervising lawyer or supervising paralegal instructions.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains accurate and appropriate time records regarding hours spent working for clients, working for the Firm, and working on administrative tasks.
- Meets all time entry and timesheet deadlines specified by the Firm, the Paralegal Department, and the Accounting Department.
- Bills a minimum of 1,536 creditable hours each performance evaluation year that begins April 1 and ends March 31 of which a minimum of 1,416 of those hours are client billable hours.
- Limits approved pro bono hours and approved firm representation hours to a maximum of 120 total hours during each performance evaluation year.
- Works a predictable schedule and provides flexibility in daily schedule to meet Firms needs during periods of heavy workload.
- Timely notifies both supervising lawyers, supervising paralegals, and the Paralegal Manager of any time out of the office during normal work hours.
- Reports the receipt of non-billable work to the Paralegal Manager upon receipt.
- Avoids overtime for non-billable assignments.
- Contacts supervising lawyers, supervising paralegals and Paralegal Manager when available for new assignments.
- Accepts accountability and responsibility for all work assignments.
- Adheres to The National Federation of Paralegal Associations Model Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility.
- Attends relevant legal education to continuously improve legal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of legal processes and practice-group specific procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, team, and customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced, and at times, stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and practice-group specific software.
AMS Staffing, Inc.Washington, DC
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.