Information Systems SQL Developer and Data Analyst, to work with a team and develop business intelligence reporting and process automation through data modeling (database) and SQL programming. IBM Cognos Analytics and Visual Basic experience is a plus. Developer would evaluate existing databases, SQL queries and SSIS jobs, to explain, organize, and present data as business needs require.
- Collect information between disparate systems to analyze, evaluate, and optimize existing data control.
- Ability to effectively translate user requests into effective reports and process automation
- Prepare detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and data control processes.
- Developing business related reporting using SQL Server 2008/2014 and IBM Cognos Analytics
- Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as networking to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems. This would include optimizing integration of data within those systems.
- Select among authorized procedures and seek assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise.
- Write and maintain system documentation and statements of work.
- Conduct technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
- The role requires analytical thinking, planning, professionalism, organizational skills and cognitive reasoning
- Must be Microsoft Office proficient
- Working experience in SQL, SQL Server, Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Excel. Experience with SQL 2008/2014. IBM Cognos Analytics and Visual Basic is a plus.
- More than two years work experience in writing SQL queries, T-SQL, building SSIS packages and scheduling jobs preferred.
- Ability to work varied hours/days in response to needs of the systems being supported
· Excellent communication, presentation, written and technical skills required
· Accredited college level training or equivalent. Bachelor Degree in Computer Science is a plus.