Job Purpose: Oversees payables, receivables, performs ledger work, produces financial information and cash flow management tools, full function staff accounting work.
What Accounting Work You’ll Do:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Ensures invoices are paid by verifying transaction information; scheduling disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
- Obtains revenue through transaction information; computing charges and refunds; oversees receivables and invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Prepares cash management reports used by clients. Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Maintains financial historical records.
- Contributes to team by accomplishing related results as needed.
What you will need to be successful:
- Accounting degree required. This job is for a degreed person BA/BS or higher, must have a four-year degree at a minimum with a concentration in Accounting.
- Administrative writing skills, organization, general math skills, accounting systems experience, ability to analyze information. Written communication must be fluent with excellent sentence composition.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Maniacal attention to detail, thoroughness and ability to report research.
- Lightning fast, accurate data entry skills.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic with Problem solving skills.
- A team player with ability to handle deadline driven environments.
- High degree of professionalism and demonstrated business acumen.
- A passion for providing an excellent client experiences and service.
- Career-minded rather than job-minded. Restaurant experience a plus!