Scope of Position:
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions and financial services area including GL, Payroll, A/R and A/P. Ensuring all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with financial policies and requirements. On-boarding new clients and accounting cleanup projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversees the general accounting function, company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management.
· Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that company assets are protected.
· Develops and evolves accounting policies and procedures that improve efficiency.
· Provides technical accounting guidance and support to all client entities.
· On-boards new clients by participating and driving account transition.
· Accomplishes accounting objectives at the highest and lowest level of detail.
· Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules.
· Company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies.
· Review period account reconciliations and other documents to ensure compliance.
· Ensures that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives.
· Supervises the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulations.
· Involved in validating/designing suggested changes to ensure accounting requirements are met.
· Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities.
· Responsible for continued coaching and development of staff.
Undergraduate Degree in Accounting
· 10+ years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience within a multi-divisional business.
* Corporate restaurant experience required. (Please do not apply if you do not have Corporate Restaurant Experience)
· Manager experience in public accounting will be applied to the experience requirement.
· Prior management experience required.
· Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
· Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
· Experience analyzing and developing financial plans within a restaurant environment.
· Strong knowledge of debits and credits, internal controls and financial reporting, required.
· Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory.
· Ability to work independently and drive company results.
· Accounting system conversion experience required.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work with the CFO and other members of the accounting department.
· Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to meet and establish deadlines with meticulous attention to detail.
· Embrace and manage change.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, especially Microsoft Excel.