We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. Senior QA Engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.) The Senior QA Engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Work with stakeholders to understand and document product workflows, features, and capabilities for quality purposes.
- Collaborate with engineers to create clear and detailed defect reports and work with ensure successful defect reproduction and resolution
- Write and maintain test automation using scripts and automation applications with technologies such as TestComplete, VBscript, Selenium, Powershell, Tosca, and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Experience with configuration and release management to build, test and deploy application.
- Work with customer support to resolve customer issues
- Strong motivation to create customer satisfaction through the delivery of high quality end-user applications and by solving real problems for real users
- Self-starter able to work with little supervision
- Ability to handle difficult situations with diplomacy and tact
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems creatively
- Ability to communicate clearly to varied audiences in writing, by phone, and in person
- Must work well in fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Minimum 3 yrs progressive experience diagnosing, reporting, tracking, and resolving software quality issues
- Experience developing and executing manual and automated test suites
- Understanding of software development practices and software languages
- Working knowledge of defect ticketing system, scripting tools, and build environments
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools and frameworks
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject #zr
Respect ● Passion ● Continuous Improvement ● Trust ● Customer Focus ● Innovation
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry.
We value professionalism in everything we do – this includes the professional presence we project as we interact with internal and external customers.