Ideal candidate should have experience in the cannabis or healthcare market. The dispensary manager should have management skills, inventory control skills, cash handling skills, detail oriented, computer oriented and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office. He/ She reports to and is supervised by the regional senior manager. Must pass an extensive background check.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to making sure local dispensary managers deliver on the following supervisory requirements of operating a regulated and licensed dispensary operation in Pennsylvania:
- Ensures that the dispensary operations stay in compliance with the Medical Use Marijuana Program of PA DHS, and internally approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Responsible to assure that all books, reports and certificates required by law are properly kept on file
- Maintain the company's plan on both long-term and short-term goals
- Interview, hire, supervise and if necessary, terminate any of the subsequent employees
- Cross-train all associates to maximize efficiency of staff levels
- Supervise contractors and or vendors through the management chain at all three locations.
- Responsible for making sure security procedures are functioning and in place
- Responsible for security personnel and security equipment functionality
- Ensure that staff members are properly trained and following company set protocol
- Ensure that all staff members are customer-oriented
- Check that all administrative records are up to date
- Ensure maintenance, cleanliness and proper setup for the dispensary is achieved daily
- Educate the patient population on the advantages of the dispensary
- Assist in receiving products for the dispensary, when necessary
- Assist in marketing strategies; including working relationships with local medical doctors as well as ensuring all social media is updated
- Recommend additional work to be done in the dispensary to the Inventory Manager
- Review Department of Public Health inspection reports and/or notices and note any action to be taken
- Fill in any position needed at dispensary site
- Oversee dispensary daily operations and monitor customer interaction and reception
- Oversee and ensure delivery services are optimized
- Set weekly work schedule for any subsequent dispensary agents
- Responsible for opening and closing the dispensary
- Responsible for opening the safe, counting money, managing incoming and outgoing money and inventory
- Verify the closing cash register reports and beginning/ending inventory check
- Responsible for which products will be available and when they will be available
- Ensure inventory levels match patient needs
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership
- Demonstrated associate building skills that develop associates with our mission and values
- Demonstrated record of achieving performance goals and objectives.
- Financial analysis skills sufficient to interpret operating statements and other financial reporting data, manage budgets, and control inventory.
- Demonstrate computer skills with Excel/Word/Outlook to provide necessary information to senior management, Inventory Manager and Investors.
- Demonstrated ability to produce desired results by leveraging resources, maintaining tough expense control, managing merchandise effectively, and defining and communicating clear expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and leadership skills including a willingness to consistently provide superior customer service, the ability to react appropriately under pressure, and the ability to apply good judgment in ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in collaboration with team to achieve objectives in a participate style.
Education and Work Experience:
- Retail management experience managing operations in cannabis, healthcare, or retail operations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Provides results by identifying opportunities to improve performance.
- Planning and organizing work, efficiently, to achieve goals and objectives.
- Focuses on customers by anticipating customer need, overcoming obstacles, and continually striving to improve customer satisfaction.
- Provides effective leadership by maintaining an environment that promotes teamwork and maximizes individual potential.
- Communicates effectively by providing clear and timely communication and demonstrating effective listening and comprehension skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail Management: 2 years minimum
- Bachelor's degree minimum
- Ability to pass an extensive background check
We are an equal opportunity employer.