A very well-known hospital near San Bernardino is searching for a knowledgeable clinical Nurse Manager.
This is a specialty hospital (40+ beds) that has the unique balance of a culture that has the close-knit and passion of a small community hospital, but the resources and financial security of a mid-sized health system with 20+ sister locations.
Finding a great fit is a must. This team is a special and unique team that they genuinely all care for each other and consider each other as family. We would like to find a compassionate and personable nurse to join the team not just as an addition to but to fill in the cohesion of the group :)
· 5 weeks of PTO!
· Inexpensive Kaiser and Blue Cross Medical Coverage
· 401k retirement
· It really feels like a close-knit community here - very warm and caring environment
In this role, you will be overseeing the Nursing Staff as assigned including RNs, LPN/LVNs, CNAs, Nurse Techs, Nursing Supervisors, Charge Nurses, Unit Secretaries/Clerks, Telemetry Monitoring Technicians.
· Manage overall operations of the assigned nursing unit to deliver high-quality patient care.
· The provision of care includes direct care along with the delegation and supervision of all nursing care in accordance with the applicable Nurse Practice Act.
· Develops and maintains patient care standards through monitoring compliance to patient care standards through observations, communication and quality assurance activities, develops and revises policies and procedures and processes as needed and incorporates patient care standards in Nursing Unit.
· Assesses patient care through observation and communication.
· Assesses care delivery for compliance to established standards and prescribes resolution of problems in patient care in a timely manner.
· Facilitates effective multidisciplinary care.
· Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of staffing requirements and productivity standards to be responsive to patient needs and ensures appropriate staffing for all shifts.
· Participates in the selection, development and evaluation of nursing staff including recruitment and retention strategy planning.
· Effectively directs the nursing department and all of its employees while performing patient
care as needed.
- Valid and current California Registered Nurse / RN / R.N. license required
- 2 years management experience in a management role such as Nurse Manager, Clinical Manager, Nurse Supervisor, Director of Nursing, Charge Nurse, or House Supervisor
- 4+ years of experience in an acute care setting such as a Hospital, Medical Center, Rehabilitation Hospital, or Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTAC)
Please note that final salary is per employer discretion and commensurate with experience