AMI Network is partnered with a long-standing, non-profit hospital mental health clinic who is searching for a Licensed Behavioral Therapist (LCSW, LCSW-R, LMHC, LMSW, Psychologist) to join their team near Greenwich, NY.
In this role, you will be working with an experienced multidisciplinary team to provide behavioral health treatment for clients of all ages with diverse diagnoses including mood disorders, trauma, anxiety, depression, and substance abuse. With a patient census of 2000, and over 40,000 visits per year, your days will be fast-paced but balanced, with a work week of just 37.5 hours. The organization has a patient-centered approach to care, so the average patient visit is 45 minutes (7-8 per day).
The ideal candidate for this role has experience as a Behavioral Therapist in a clinic setting, or has aspirations to work within a clinic.
Short work week (37.5 hours)
Support staff to book all appointments
Responsibilities and duties:
- Conduct client psycho-social assessments and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Developing suitable treatment programs based on patients' diagnoses.
- Adjusting treatment programs accordingly.
- Recommending activities and exercises to help patients develop the skills and mechanisms needed to manage their diagnoses or overcome their phobias and addictions.
- Maintaining detailed counseling and observation notes on each patient.
- Collaborating with patients' families to obtain feedback on implemented treatment plans and patients' progress.
- Participate in scheduled staff team meetings, presenting relevant information on all new admissions, treatment plan changes, and discharges.
- Complete necessary and on-going paperwork and chart reviews in a timely fashion (Case Management).
- Masters (or Doctorate) in Therapy, Social Work, Psychology, or Counselling
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Clinical Licensed Psychologist (LCSW or LCSW-R or LMHC or LMSW)
- 2+ years’ experience in outpatient clinic setting preferred
- Plus if fluent in Spanish