We are partnered a growing JCAHO certified Hospice searching for a compassionate Director of Nursing / Director of Patient Care Services who will also serve in a dual role as the Administrator.
We’re looking for a passionate Director who has a strong background in Hospice (this is a must, as you’ll be the highest level of clinical leadership!), self-motivated, has strong clinical acumen, and values quality patient care and customer service. You’ll need to take pride in caring for your employees and providing for them, so a team-first mindset is also a must-have.
With essential staff in place (including a highly skilled Director of Marketing) this is a great opportunity for a leader interested in joining a smaller, but rapidly growing Hospice with a current census in the range of 40 patients, and on-pace to finish the year over 70! The CEO will give you the resources you need to be successful including additional staff and a quality team, but is also incredibly hands-off, and will give you the autonomy you need to make decisions.
- 2 weeks of PTO, 401k w/ matching, generous health insurance reimbursement
- Juicy 5-figure annual bonus potential $$
- Non-corporate, progressive work environment
- The ability to set clinical standards and make hiring decisions based on your values and experiences- you’ll have ultimate control
- A team of experienced consultants at your disposal to assist with everything from compliance to long-term strategy
Responsibilities & Scope: 2 Full-time RN case managers, a team of per diem nurses, aides, Chaplain, and Social Workers, along with a 3rd party provider of afterhours triage.
- The Director of Nursing oversees interdisciplinary team and the delivery of patient care services
- Develop policies, procedures, and guidelines to fulfill program objectives
- Oversee the maintenance of medical records, assuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with licensing regulations, certification standards, legal and ethical standards
- Lead new hire orientation program for hospice staff personnel
- Plan and implement ongoing staff education program for all team members
- Participate in program development and overall agency planning
- Participate in Quality Improvement / Assurance programs
- Responsible for creating and managing financial budgets
- Keep a full census through proper utilization of community and industry engagement
- Minimum of 2 years of previous hospice leadership experience such as Director of Nursing, Director of Patient Care Services, DPCS, DON, DOPCS, Director of Clinical Services
- Current California Registered Nurse / RN / R.N.
Final salary is per employer discretion and commensurate with experience.
A group of dedicated recruiters with real industry experience specializing in the recruitment and placement of Healthcare professionals. Our philosophy is simple. We work swiftly and efficiently to stay above the competition, and expect both our candidates and clients to do the same. Our recruiters are very well trained to handle any situation throughout the hiring process, ensuring a successful placement. We stay on top of emerging market news, delivering more of a consultative and value added approach.
Why Use A Recruiter?
First and foremost, it's absolutely FREE to the candidate to have a recruiter represent you.
A good recruiter is a professional networker; so if you are reluctant or too busy to test the job market, recruiters can put you in touch with "hidden" opportunities. Recruiters are often privy to openings that are not on the job boards.
Executive recruiters work directly with the hiring authority. This means your resume is not stuck in a large pile on HR's desk. Rather, you are one of a selected few, prudently submitted directly to the hiring manager.
Recruiters can also give you a behind-the-scenes perspective on a company and specifics of the position such as the extremely important question: "Why is the position open?"
Our monthly email notifications provide you with insights and trends about our specific industry. This knowledge allows you to compare your skills to those in high demand.
A good recruiter is a lifelong professional ally. By maintaining contact with AMI network, we can refer you and friends to career changing opportunities.
Lastly, recruiters give you unbiased, professional advice regarding your resume, interviewing tips and guidance as you embark on finding the next step in your career.
AMI NetworkOur mission. Is to help you make high impact hires that enable your organization to thrive. Who we work with. Since 2010 we’ve partnered with 100+ companies across the healthcare space, and our clients range from multibillion-dollar Health Systems & Medical Groups such as Kaiser Permanente, Heritage Provider Network and MemorialCare, to 20+ campus Nursing Colleges, to the fastest growing start-up MA Health Plan in the country down to single-facility Federally Qualified Healthcare Centers, to rural community colleges, and MANY MORE. Process. Our success is driven by our ability to develop high performing teams as well as to stay ahead of the curve with the latest technology, including AI, and automation tools. We have a healthy obsession with data and ROI analysis, and here is a 60-second snapshot of what makes our process so special: https://vimeo.com/263014081 This has led to us being named 1 of just 2 healthcare recruitment firms to be on Expertise.com’s list of top recruitment firms in Los Angeles 4 years in a row! Team. We are driven to help people, love travel, enjoy reading, podcasts & personal development, and most of us are avid adventurers and frequently bond over outdoors activities like surfing, snowboarding, hiking, basketball, craft beers, wine, etc. We even have an “office dog” named Tandy- she’s the sweetest Dotson-Terrier you’ll ever meet! Happy employees produce the best results and we’re constantly striving to maximize our company culture!