Charge Nurse/Nurse Supervisor - Assisted Living Facility
AMI Network River Vale, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are partnered with an amazing non-profit organization to help them find an experienced and dedicated Charge Nurse/ Assistant Director of Nursing for their assisted living facility!
This 100+ bed facility is located right in the heart of Bergen County, New Jersey and is run by a progressive and mission-oriented organization that is on the “cutting edge” of patient care. They proudly are the only assisted living facility in the state that has a short-term IV program, and are planning to roll out a greenhouse program for their memory impaired patients within the next 30 days!
Every member of the staff is committed to the mission of not only providing the best care for residents, but to make them feel at home. To ensure the best quality of patient care, they also have an RN or LPN on site 24/7!
With a culture of teamwork, the team truly believes in a “one community” approach to care, where everyone pitches in and helps where needed. And the employees also have some incredible perks!
· Great medical coverage, including options for vision and dental!
· 4 weeks of PTO
· Company funded educational and networking opportunities (workshops, conferences, etc.)
· Ensure that all nursing service personnel are in compliance with their respective job descriptions.
· Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the facility’s QAPI and Advance Standing programs for the nursing service department.
· Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as may be requested.
· Interpret the department’s policies and procedures to personnel, residents, visitors, and government agencies as required.
· Assist with assessments to determine admission to the facility.
· Assist in planning the nursing services portion of the resident’s care plan (General and Health Service Plans)
· Review care plans daily to ensure that appropriate care is being rendered.
· Ensure that the CNAs and HHAs refer to the resident’s care plan prior to administering daily care to the resident.
· Review resident care plans for appropriate resident goals, problems, approaches , and revisions based on nursing needs.
· Ensure that your nurses’ notes reflect that the care plan is being followed when administering nursing care or treatment.
· Participate in employee performance evaluations, determining your shift’s staffing requirements, and making recommendations to the Director of Nursing concerning employee dismissals, transfers, etc.
· Participate in developing, planning, conducting, and scheduling in- service training classes that provide and ensure a well-educated nursing service department.
· Assist in training department personnel in all mandatory education.
· Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
· Implement and maintain an effective orientation program that orients the new employee to your shift, its policies and procedures, and to his/her job position and duties.
· Take on call for Director of Health Services via coordinated schedule.
· Participate in maintaining infection control guidelines.
· Assist in ensuring staff is following guidelines.
· Valid New Jersey R.N. License
· 3+ years of experience as a Nurse Supervisor, Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON), etc. with a geriatric population. These settings could include: long term care, skilled nursing, assisted living, senior living, adult day care, etc.
Final salary is per employer discretion and commensurate with experience.
We are PASSIONATE about matching you with a job where you can have a meaningful impact. Since 2010 our Recruitment Firm has partnered with 100+ companies across the healthcare space, and our clients range from multibillion-dollar Health Systems such as Kaiser Permanente, to 20+ campus Nursing Colleges, to the fastest growing start-up MA Health Plan in the country down to single-facility Federally Qualified Healthcare Centers, and family-owned home health agencies. We pride ourselves in transparency and responsiveness (yes, we know many peers you've likely worked with in our line of business aren't) You'll find the recruiter you work with to be knowledgeable (the one and only industry we search in is healthcare), a little zany, professional without taking themselves too seriously, and insightful.