Please note- there are currently 4 openings, all of which are out of state, and will require relocation. We are offering a generous $ package to help with the move, and by applying for this you'll have your choice of either Boise ID (also MSN program), Provo UT, Idaho Falls ID, or Reno NV (also MSN program).
One of the most reputable health care universities is looking to hire an Associate Dean of Nursing (Program Director of Nursing) for their brand new Registered Nurse Program (BSN) Program. While the title is "Associate," you'll be the highest level of clinical leadership for the department. The role is supported by a wonderful Chief Academic Officer (he's based-out of another location) who is a nurse himself, and extremely passionate about giving the team and students the resources they need to succeed.
There is already a successful vocational nursing program in-place, and you'll be responsible for launching the recently accredited RN program with the first cohort of 40 students starting December 2019.
They are committed to providing quality education and recently achieved 90.2% NCLEX pass rate! Outside of having incredible support from the entire 10+ location organization, they have incredible simulation labs and provide top of the line education with a “student first” mindset! And yes, they’ve got a very competitive benefits as well!
Along with the generous compensation they also have a competitive benefits package including:
Relocation package, health/dental/vision, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) with employer match and long/term disability and more.
If you’re looking to utilize your leadership, education expertise and serve as a mentor at a successful organization, then this is the opportunity for you!
- Responsible for the success of 120 nursing students/year
- Assists with program activities and curriculum development to increase NCLEX pass rate and meet the university and department goals
- Review and implement strategy for improving course offerings, program development, and curriculum proposals
- Supervise and evaluate externship/clinical/fieldwork experiences
- Assurance of student support systems, faculty compliance and course evaluations
- Supervise all student externship assignments
- Serve as a mentor/facilitator providing guidance and support for full-time faculty, substitute faculty and staff. Implement evaluations as needed.
- Educate students in a class setting (as needed)
- Oversee day-to-day operations as well as faculty guidance of didactic, laboratory, and clinical instruction, assignments, and/or scheduling of classes.
- Manage inquiries payroll/leave forms, time cards, textbook orders, and faculty work schedules and time off requests.
- Maintain departmental records
- Implement strategy for the practical, clinical or field experience and required documentation in order for students to be placed promptly in their clinical rotations/assignments.
- Coordinate and monitor clinical affiliations/contracts, rotations, visits to clinical facilities and classrooms, and maintains written record on all clinical visits.
- Coordinate new faculty orientation
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate all department staff; improving retention and morale and performance efficiencies
- Serve as a role model, leader and mentor to the campus community.
- RN / R.N. / Registered Nurse
- Minimum education of a Masters Degree in Nursing (MSN)
- 2+ years of hands-on teaching experience in a RN program (i.e. associate professor, nursing instructor, adjunct faculty, etc.)
- At least (1) one year of experience in leadership such as Director of Nursing (DON), Assistant Director or Nursing (ADON), clinical manager or Dean of Nursing. While having formal management experience in an academic setting is preferred, we will consider candidates who have held leadership roles in other settings i.e. at a Hospital.
Salary is per employer discretion and commensurate with experience