Primary Therapist - Residential Mental Healthcare
- $90,000 to $100,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
At AMFM Healthcare, we strive to deliver the highest quality of therapy to our clients within our program. We work with a wide range of patients struggling with behavioral issues, substance use disorder, and mental health diagnoses. We are seeking an experienced Primary Therapist who is eager to make a difference in clients’ lives and contribute to our growing mission around Fairfax County, Virginia. The right person for this position will be comfortable managing a caseload that includes a variety of acute mental health diagnoses. Furthermore, the candidate should be willing to listen and work closely with clients to understand their needs and find the best approach to helping them achieve their goals.
This position requires the ability to work a rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
After the tragic loss of a beloved son due to mental illness, A Mission for Michael (AMFM Healthcare) was created with the vision of preventing such hopelessness in the lives of others. Our mission is to provide exceptional residential mental health care that transforms lives and promotes lasting recovery.
At AMFM Healthcare, our team is composed of individuals who possess both the qualifications and the unwavering passion to deliver comprehensive care for severe mental illness. We understand the profound impact mental health struggles can have on individuals and their families, and we are dedicated to offering support, healing, and hope.
What sets AMFM Healthcare apart in the field of mental health care is our commitment to an intensive focus on clinical evidence-based treatment. We believe in the power of proven therapeutic approaches and continuously strive to integrate the latest research and advancements into our care programs. By leveraging this expertise, we aim to provide the highest quality of treatment and optimize outcomes for our residents.
As you step into our facilities, you'll immediately notice that we are different from most mental health treatment centers. We foster a welcoming and nurturing environment where individuals can find solace and embark on their journey to recovery. Our dedicated staff members prioritize personalized and compassionate care, understanding that each person's experience with mental illness is unique. We take the time to truly listen, to empathize, and to tailor our programs to meet the specific needs of each resident.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proficiently conduct clinical evaluation, biopsychosocial assessment, client diagnosis, and interpretive summaries among other assessments and evaluations. Prepare person-centered treatment plans (ISP’s,) case management, consultation, education, and referral as needed.
- Provide therapeutic interventions including crisis counseling to individuals, groups and families as needed.
- Facilitate individual psychotherapy sessions and group therapy.
- Provide services in accordance to organization’s policies and procedures and established Mental Health and Substance Abuse Standards as well as within the scope of practice of the therapist.
- Evaluate the individual and family systems as well as assess clients functioning within work, family, and routines of daily living and identify areas needing continued support, resources, and treatment in order to assist clients.
- Maintain Electronic Health Records to reflect the course of treatment and provide required documentation.
- Prepare pre-certification/authorization information to insurance utilization review team and subsequent concurrent review (continued stay) clinical reports per medical necessity criteria.
- Provide emergency crisis services during work hours and after hours as assigned.
- Attend staff meetings, supervisory conferences, training, and other activities, which ensure effective and efficient functioning of clinical operations.
- Adhere to organizational standards and policies and procedures, code of ethics, legal aspects of clinical practice, professional standards, duty to warn, abuse and neglect reporting policies and procedures and exercise professionalism at all times.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum Education Requirement: Masters degree or higher in a relevant course of study at an accredited university.
- Acceptable Credentials (Desired) - Must have an independent license (i.e. Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor.)
- Must have active registration with Virginia Board of Counseling or Virginia Department of Health Professions.
- Hands-on experience in Groups (process, psycho educational, and topic), Family Therapy, Individual Therapy (wide range of modalities accepted), and working with clients with addiction issues.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Flexibility to work some weekends on call and assist when requested on after hours crisis calls.
- Successful completion of Criminal Background Check through DBHDS, Background Investigation Unit, and VDSS Registry Searches, and ADP Selective Services Screening.
Medical, Dental, and Vision plans through Anthem.
Life/AD&D insurance through Anthem, 100% paid for by the employer.
Other benefits include:
401k plan with employer match.
PTO and Self Care Day.
Educational Assistance Reimbursement Program.
Employee Assistance Program.
Health and Wellness Membership.
Job Type: Full-time, Salary
Pay: $90,000-$100,000 dependent on experience and licensure.
AMFM Healthcare is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
AMFM HealthcareVienna, VA
HealthcareView All AMFM Healthcare Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.