Technical Service Support Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Reporting to the Americas Service Manager, the AMF First Line Technical Service Support Engineer will be responsible for providing technical service and support to customers who are experiencing break down or other technical issues in the Americas and globally. In addition, this role will be responsible for creating quotes for service, addressing technical service tickets, researching parts and equipment information for Customer Care Reps and supporting technical service report writing and follow up with Customer Care Reps to ensure that relevant parts are ordered. This role will have a strong customer centric approach and will be responsible for driving business to AMF for both aftermarket parts and service.
- Provide exceptional customer service including but not limited to proactive & responsive phone calls, troubleshooting and researching requests, and consistent and timely follow up with customers and internal teammates.
- Utilizing case management update cases, reassign cases and keep cases up to date.
- Utilize online tools, reports, manuals, etc. to answer customer support questions and customer care rep questions.
- Provide remote service: act as the first line to answer all technical support calls within and outside of working hours. Provide end-user support via remote technologies, remote support app and telephone support and manage ticketing queue, ensuring all tickets are progressed and updated at regular intervals.
- Update and progress 1st line tickets for team KPI
- Support training program development and implementation.
- Produce documentation and knowledge-based articles where required
- Support implementation of Knowledge Base for the business.
- Travel to some customer sites (on rare occasions) for training purposes
- Working with Tech Doc teammates develop training packages to sell to customers.
- Support the Service Manager as a backup for daily administrative duties, including but not limited to; scheduling and dispatching field technicians, quoting service visits and inspections, organizing tools and parts for onsite jobs
- Support Preventative Maintenance Service packages by providing agreed online or phone support
- Analyze service visit reports to ensure recommendations have been executed (including parts sales)
- Problem-solve internally to ensure that both the internal and the external customer needs are met in a timely and complete manner.
- Support a culture of safety and maintain zero accident environment and ensure safe and suitable work environment for self, teammates, and customers.
Required Knowledge/Skills & Experience
- Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree considered a plus.
- Min of 3 years demonstrated ability in Customer Technical support solving mechanical, electrical and programming issues.
- PLC ladder logic and structured text required.
- Bakery maintenance experience considered a plus.
- Able to use their initiative to prioritize calls, do research and be capable of working under pressure
- Motivated, focused, friendly, patient, organized and proactive individual who can work in a team
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office suite of software
- Basic computer operations including internet and email protocols, connectivity and understanding of internet networking
- Experience in CRM systems (MS Dynamics a plus)
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Electrical and mechanical trouble shooting
- PLC and Hardware troubleshooting
- Detail orientated
- Solid Communication skills (writing and verbal)
- Solid Problem-Solving skills with proficient attention to detail
- Enthusiastic with a flexible "can do" attitude
Customer Focus- Ensures that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; develops and implements service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
Results Focused - Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; consistently delivers top performance; very bottom line oriented and strategically focused; motivates self and others to achieve results. Delivers error free work and does so with a high level of integrity
Relationship Building/Communication Skills - Demonstrates exceptional verbal skills in interpersonal interactions and instructional delivery so that intended purpose is achieved. Prepares written material that is appropriate for the audience and accomplishes the intended purpose. Builds effective relationships of trust and credibility with internal and external customers that lead to buy-in and sponsorship within their businesses.
Problem-solving- Asks good questions and probes all sources for answers; sees underlying or hidden patterns; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers. Uses rigorous logic and methods to analyze and understand why problems occur; generates and implements creative, cost effective and realistic solutions
Leads with Values - Drives to win in a way that demonstrates values:
respect for the individual, integrity, trust, credibility, continuous improvement, and teamwork.
TechnologyView all jobs at AMF Bakery
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?