AMERIFAST SUPPLY OF NC INC Mooresville, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 to $18 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Job Title: Purchasing Agent
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for sourcing equipment, goods, services, and managing vendors. This position will develop, execute and maintain reliable and cost-effective strategies to control purchasing budgets.
Provide customer service; maintain a relationship between the shipping and receiving, accounts payable, sales team, warehouse, purchasing departments, and president. Position requires familiarity with a wide variety of supplies, equipment, and goods commonly purchased and the ability to interpret detailed information including purchase orders, packing slips, and invoices.
Perform a variety of duties to acquire, inventory, and distribute parts, supplies, tools, and documents used in the daily operations of the Facility.; generate reports as required; assist in physical inventories as required; ensure cleanliness and orderliness of storage areas at all times.
Examples of Duties
1. Oversee and supervise the purchasing department.
2. Acquire and expedite materials on a daily basis from vendors.
3. Maintain, stock, and help supervise parts area and inventory. Ensure storage of stock in the correct warehouse location. Assign appropriate location to new stock items that maximize available warehouse space and forecasted activity of the item.
4. Maintain daily purchase order status updates.
5. Maintain, stock, and help supervise parts area and inventory. Ensure storage of stock in the correct warehouse location. Assign appropriate location to new stock items that maximize available warehouse space and forecasted activity of the item.
6. Receive inbound shipments in QuickBooks daily.
7. Process all packing slips for outbound deliveries; Forward to receiving clerk.
8. Leads vendor/supplier selection and maintains key working relationships for materials, supplies and equipment.
9. Develop, execute and maintain purchasing strategies.
10. Negotiate with strategic suppliers/vendors for optimal terms and pricing.
11. Verify accurate pricing before placing Purchase order.
12. Work with vendors to maintain and/or improve services.
13. Seek and partner with reliable vendors/suppliers.
14. Assess, manage and mitigate risks; perform cost and scenario analysis; identify cost saving opportunities.
15. Works with customers creating sales orders and quoting items when needed.
16. Review standard pricing updates.
17. Run weekly reports and review with staff at weekly company meeting.
18. Run weekly open kit report and email all appropriate people every Wednesday.
19. Assist sales team as needed.
20. Assist office in answering phones.
21. Other duties as assigned.
Reportability: This position reports to the president.
Fork lifts, hand trucks, pallet jacks, a wide variety of dollies, handheld scanner, work computer.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
AMERIFAST SUPPLY OF NC INC
135 BEVAN DRMooresville, NC
BusinessView all jobs at AMERIFAST SUPPLY OF NC INC