Director of Nursing
AMERICAN PRIMARY HEALTHCARE, LLC Columbus, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Director of Nursing (RN); She/he supervises home health services to homebound patients in their place of residence in accordance with attending physician orders and plans of care and strives to provide the highest quality of care. The is available at all times during operating hours (or appoints a similarly qualified alternate) and participates in all activities relevant to professional services furnished, including the development of qualifications and assignment of personnel.
1. Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio, where currently practicing.
2. Three to five years of experience in health care/home care, preferred.
3. At least two years’ experience in teaching Nursing Education Programs and or a supervisory position, preferred.
4. Knowledge and ability to apply community health principles and practices.
5. Ability to supervise, guide and develop skills and performance of service personnel.
7. Ability to exercise independent judgment.
8. Ability to work with individuals.
9. Ability to enlist cooperation of many people in furthering a program.
10. Ability to assist in evaluating personnel per Agency policy.
11. Monitors probationary period for new employees.
12. Ability to deal effectively with high levels of stress.
1. Participates in developing standards which ensure safe and effective service to patients and families. Has joint responsibility with the Administrator for seeing that standards are met.
2. Participates in developing objectives for Agency.
3. Is responsible for seeing that objectives are implemented.
4. Consults with the Administrator to determine a staffing pattern which will accomplish stated objectives and promote maximum level of utilization of health personnel.
5. Is responsible for recruiting, hiring, evaluating and terminating service personnel.
6. Participates in planning for the orientation of new employees. Conducts selected orientation classes.
Job Description - Director of Clinical Services (continued)
1. Plans and arranges for consultation needs of staff; prepares and maintains current policies and procedures which meet Medicare, Medicaid, accrediting bodies, state, etc. laws and implements such; revises concurrently.
2. Participates in establishing the functions and qualifications for each service position, and coordinates patient care and referrals.
· Assures ongoing assessment of patient/family needs and implementation of interdisciplinary team plan of care.
· Assures physician approval of plans for continuity of care.
· Provides individual or group support concerning job related stress or issues.
3. Participates in coordinating Agency’s services with services of other community agencies.
4. Serves as a role model for all colleagues by setting an example of high standards in dress, conduct, cooperation and job performance.
5. Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient related information.
6. Accepts responsibility for regular attendance and punctuality and fulfills job requirements without regard to time involved.
7. Serves as a resource person to employees.
8. Develops a cooperative relationship and communicates effectively and professionally with the physicians.
9. Investigates and reports any problem relating to patient care or conditions which might harm the patient and/or employee well-being.
10. Immediately reports any accident, incident, lost articles or unusual occurrence to the Administrator.
11. Attends pertinent continuing education programs other than routine inservices and shares information with staff.
12. Oversees Agency’s ongoing Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
13. Provides 24 hour/day, seven (7) days/week on-call coverage.
14. Assures that patients’ plans of care are developed, implemented and updated.
15. Conducts patient case conferences, in-services, staff meetings and maintains documentation; participates in community education projects.
16. Ensures that all necessary supplies and equipment are available.
Works indoors in the home health office and conduct Clinical Supervision.
1. Supervised by: Administrator
2. Workers Supervised: Entire home health patient care staff
Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
· Ability to participate in physical activity.
· Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity.
· Moderate lifting.
· Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.
AMERICAN PRIMARY HEALTHCARE, LLC
Please see company website: www.aphc-ohio.com
800 CROSS POINTE ROADColumbus, OH