AMERICAN Cast Iron Pipe Company
- Expired: January 22, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Is AMERICAN the right fit for you?
AMERICAN Cast Iron Pipe Company (ACIPCO) is hiring for positions in our Plant Maintenance Division in Birmingham, AL. We believe in doing things THE RIGHT WAY. That's why our employees earn competitive pay, receive excellent benefits and have opportunities to grow. All this while making products the world needs.
As a Maintenance Mechanic, you will be responsible for repairing and maintaining all plant mechanical equipment; erection of steel buildings and structures; and perform fabrication welding (gas and electric.)
Maintenance Mechanic Job Duties
- Be able to read difficult blueprints detailing buildings and equipment.
- Understand and be able to repair hydraulic systems.
- Be able to work shop mathematics.
- Be able to climb and work in high areas (manlift).
- Know the operation of mechanical equipment throughout the plant.
- Be able to tear down, repair, and reassemble complicated mechanical equipment.
- Welds and fabricates as necessary to repair items using either oxyacetylene or electric arc welding.
- Locates sources of trouble, makes the necessary repairs and get the equipment back into operation as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Knows and maintains spare parts inventories as necessary.
- Be able to erect steel according to blueprints.
- Operates mobile equipment and crane as necessary.
- Must maintain necessary hand tools to perform work.
- Provides training and instruction to the Apprentice(s) and to other wage jobs in their work area/department as instructed by supervision.
- Must be able to understand and use the Company's CMMS system.
- Must have two (2) or more years well-rounded Maintenance Mechanic experience (i.e. mechanical troubleshooting & repairs; burning & welding; etc.) in a heavy industrial environment OR have successfully completed a trainee or certification program with no years of experience
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to read and interpret difficult blueprints and hydraulic schematics.
- Capable of assessing equipment problems and needed repairs.
- Must be able to read and write legibly.
- Meet physical requirements for the safe operation of mobile equipment as administered by the Safety Department.
- Due to the hazardous nature of the job environment (mobile equipment, overhead cranes, etc.), an acceptable level of vision and hearing are required in order to identify and respond to visual and audible warnings in a safe manner.
- Must be able to climb and work from high places.
- Must exhibit a valid state issued driver's license.
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Profit Sharing Bonus Plan (Employee-Owned Company)
- Medical, Dental and Supplemental Vision
- Generous 401k and Savings Plan (company match)
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
AMERICAN Cast Iron Pipe Company
AutomotiveView all jobs at AMERICAN Cast Iron Pipe Company
Get fresh American Mechanical Services jobs daily straight to your inbox!