AMERICAN Cast Iron Pipe Company Birmingham, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At AMERICAN, the Traffic Coordinator coordinates the shipment, documentation, and payment of transportation services at lowest price while providing reliable and safe handling and delivery to our customers. The Traffic Coordinator in involved in negotiations with truckload, air, barge, and rail and ocean freight carriers to obtain the best possible service at the lowest possible costs for transportation of AMERICAN's finished products. They also handle the processing for all claims with carriers and follows through for their satisfactory completion of each claim. The coordinator is also responsible for managing the freight payment process for all outbound and inbound freight bills.
Traffic Coordinator Key Responsibilities:
- Design and conducts projects to study freight distribution to help optimize freight cost.
- Acts as back-up for Director o Traffic and Transportation, Traffic Managers, Traffic Coordinators and Truck Coordinators in their absence.
- Deals with emergencies as they arise.
- Traces and expedites shipments for inbound and outbound shipments.
- Handles LTL, truckload, air, barge, rail and ocean rate quotations.
- Sets up system for routing all air freight shipments and small parcel package delivery (i.e., U.P.S.)
- Keeps work area clean and orderly. Knows safety rules that apply the safety of others and to personal safety. Reports malfunction of equipment to proper authority. Performs other work as instructed by supervision.
- All other activities as directed by the Director of Traffic & Transportation and/or the Traffic Manager.
- Negotiates truckload rates out of the third party depots for shipments to AMERICAN's customers.
- Conducts physical inventory periodically at third party depots.
- A bachelor's degree with an emphasis in traffic and transportation, or logistics OR a bachelor's degree with two years' experience in Traffic Transportation Management/Administration or International Transportation
- Willing to travel overseas to remote areas for extended period of times. Weekend travel may be required.
- Able to work with confidential information and maintain confidentiality
An applicant's attendance, punctuality, and discipline records are important considerations when evaluating candidates for a job vacancy.Applicants with active discipline records may not be considered for a vacancy.
ADDITIONAL OPENINGS ADDED WITHIN THIRTY (30) WORKING DAYS OF DATE FIRST RESULTS POSTED WILL BE AWARDED FROM THIS BID.
AMERICAN Cast Iron Pipe Company
ConstructionView all jobs at AMERICAN Cast Iron Pipe Company