Sales Representative - AFC Sales (VA, MD, DE, WV)
AMERICAN Cast Iron Pipe Company Richmond, VA
- Posted: January 26, 2021
Promotes and sells Valve Division products to all water and sewer markets in assigned territory. The price authority for standard products for sale to distributors and direct sale to utilities within the guidelines established by the direct supervisor. Duties include, but are not limited to, promotional calls and specification development with water and sewer authorities, consulting engineering firms, managing of or supporting of distributors in territory, managing personal time, managing personal appearance, and maintaining an organized office environment. Intensive coverage of assigned territory, spending about 75% of time in field (as opposed to office time).
This person would be working the territory of central and eastern Virginia, all of Maryland, all of Delaware, and the panhandle of West Virginia.
- Sells to the end user by establishing and developing loyal, long-term, influential relationships with key decision-makers at municipalities, private utility companies and/or water and sewer authorities.
- Establishes and develops long-term influential relationships with consulting engineers and end users associated with the specification process of AFC products at the municipal and/or private utility level.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key individuals who can influence the purchasing or approving of AFC products.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with distributors.
- Establishes and develops contacts with key decision makers at municipalities, engineering firms, contractors or industry, and water and sewer authorities to promote and gain acceptance of AMERICAN products.
- Develops Marketing Channels by working with distributors to develop a TEAM concept between the distributor and AFC.
- Promotes AFC by establishing goals, which foster the expansion of sales and market share, as well as the development of relationships with key individuals and organizations.
- Promotes all products in AFC's product line.
- Enhances personal sales skills by developing effective listening habits, speaking skills, presentation skills, negotiation techniques, and closing skills that will help one to be sensitive and responsive to customer needs.
- Provides customer service by responding timely to all calls, checking e-mail, checking and coordinating orders, expediting shipments, reviewing and writing customer specifications, providing literature, furnishing and coordinating quotes, and addressing special pricing concerns. Resolves product complaints and performs repair work as needed.
- Compiles timely, accurate and informative quotations for line and treatment plan projects and actively follows projects to secure orders.
- Maintains accurate records and furnishes activity reports, itineraries, expense reports, sales letters, sales correspondence to Division/Assistant Area Manager and other necessary communication at required times.
- Coordinates manufacturing/engineering/crafting/shipment efforts for industrial export orders with letters of credit and domestic industrial orders. Introduces other sales people to industrial customer base.
- Maintains knowledge of sales territory and keeps management informed of market activity.
- Maintains company equipment and image.
- Must possess a B. S. or B. A. Degree from an accredited four year college or university, with technical related experience. Proof of transcript is required.
- Must exhibit the ability to learn. Weight will be given to grades, Sales courses and work experience.
- Must exhibit punctuality and good attendance.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must exhibit good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret specifications for projects involving our products.
- Must be subject to transfer within the continental United States.
- Must exhibit the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the job duties.
- Subject to departmental transfer to other salesman positions within the Sales Division (ADIP, AFC, Steel Pipe, International Sales, etc.).
- Must exhibit the ability to work with confidential information and maintain confidentiality.
- Must exhibit a working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be able to work overtime on weekdays and/or weekends as required to fulfill job duties.
- Must be available to travel a minimum of 60% of the time. More travel may be required depending on sales territory.
- Experience in technical and communication skills.
- Familiar with AMERICAN's manufacturing process.
AMERICAN Cast Iron Pipe Company
BusinessView all jobs at AMERICAN Cast Iron Pipe Company