Would you like a rewarding career while making a positive impact in people’s lives? Become a Program Coordinator with AME Community Services, INC and work with people with Developmental Disabilities in their Community Residential Settings.
AME Community Services, Inc is known for providing exceptional support services to people with disabilities. Our Program Coordinators (PC) are front-line managers at the Community Residential Setting and are responsible for the daily operation of the home and the people that we support. The Program Coordinator works closely with the Program Director to supervise the Direct Support Professional Staff that also provide support to the people who live at the home. The PC is responsible for providing leadership, management, maintaining compliance with 245D, supervision, and program planning at the home. The PC will provide direct care to clients during scheduled shifts, manage the staff at the facility, and establish relationships with the Interdisciplinary Teams, functioning as a liaison between the teams and the agency. The PC is responsible for being available during emergencies.
· High school diploma or equivalent, post-secondary degree is preferred
· Two years of experience supporting people in a related field is preferred
· Two years of management experience preferred
· Eligible as determined by the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and the Department of Human Services
· Valid driver's license and driving record that meets insurability requirements as defined by the Company's insurance carrier; may need to possess a personal vehicle for use in performing work-related activities and maintain necessary insurance coverage
· Serves as a model in effectively providing any and all levels of direct support and assistance.
· Communicates effectively with clients by effective listening and appropriately responding and following up on their concerns.
· Assists in planning and assures for active and ongoing participation in a variety of community events and activities.
· Assists clients in maintaining or developing friendship and family relations through correspondence and planning and coordinating special activities.
· Identifies necessary resources for clients and advocates for these resources to the Program and/or Executive Director.
· Supervises and takes action to promote the health, safety and welfare of the clients and ensures the physical environment meets their style and needs.
· Maintains a current drivers license and good driving record and willing to transport residents as necessary.
· Critically evaluates the quality of support provided to the clients and continually strives for improvement.
Program Management and Evaluation:
· Responsible for the development, implementation, documentation and ongoing evaluation of client’s Outcomes, Supports and Methods based on measurable and observable criteria.
· Ensures that positive support strategies and person-centered principles have been incorporated into the person’s treatment, service and individual plans.
· Facilitates team meetings and serves as an effective team leader.
· Completes required charting and documentation and reports regarding progress toward client goals.
· Assures that medical appointments are scheduled and attended and program and health data is adequately recorded and that follow up is taken and communicated to direct care staff and expanded support team as needed.
· Informs the Program Director and assures necessary reports are made to the Extended Support Team in the event of incidents and/or emergency use of manual restraints.
· Provides ongoing direction, support and supervision to direct care staff to ensure for proper and consistent implementation of methods and documentation of progress.
· Implements and promotes policies and procedures related to pertinent regulatory agencies.
· Assures for the implementation and documentation of quarterly fire drills.
· Ensures that all information and documentation related to service provision for this person is being maintained accurately and as directed by the Policy and Procedure on Data Privacy.
Personnel Management and Staff Relations
· Provides leadership qualities that promote positive and professional relations among staff, families and other providers.
· Assists the Program Director in recruiting and hiring staff.
· Assist the Program Director in completing staff performance reviews.
· Provides ongoing coaching and feedback to staff regarding performance-related issues, communicates these issues with administration, assures for necessary documentation and assists in implementing disciplinary action when indicated.
· Effectively communicates on a regular basis with supervisors and peers
· Prioritize their tasks and responsibilities in order of importance and ensures that personal deadlines are met.
Training and Staff Development
· Regularly attends recommended in-service training and continuing education opportunities.
· Attends and participates in management meetings.
· Coordinates and facilitates staff meetings and assures for necessary follow up.
· Assist in the coordination and scheduling of new employee Orientation and ongoing in-service training for staff and assures for adequate completion and appropriate documentation.
· Develops the staff schedules in a timely manner and assures requests for time off are properly completed.
· Responsible in assuring that adequately trained staff are properly scheduled to meet client needs and assure for quality care.
Our agency provides services in neighborhood homes as well as in-home family support services. We currently have 20 community residential settings and support about 20 people through our in-home support services.
AME Community Services has experience in serving people with a variety of diagnosis, among them Autism Spectrum Disorder, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Down’s Syndrome, Fragile X Syndrome, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. AME specializes in providing services to people with Prader-Willi Syndrome. Ten of our homes are exclusively dedicated to serving people with Prader-Willi Syndrome. AME also has a home that is tailored to provide support for people on the Autism Spectrum.
AME Community Services, INC
Why Work Here?AME Community Services, Inc. is a company committed to supporting individuals with disabilities to achieve their goals, big or small. AME supports adults and children with intellectual disabilities in their preferred home, whether that be one of our community residential settings, their own home, apartment or their parent’s home. We tailor our services based on the individual’s preference for how they want or need to be supported to live their best life. Our agency provides services in neighborhood homes as well as in-home family support services. We currently have 20 community residential settings and support about 20 people through our in-home support services. AME Community Services has experience in serving people with a variety of diagnosis, among them Autism Spectrum Disorder, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Down’s Syndrome, Fragile X Syndrome, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. AME specializes in providing services to people with Prader-Willi Syndrome. Ten of our homes are exclusively dedicated to serving people with Prader-Willi Syndrome. AME also has a home that is tailored to provide support for people on the Autism Spectrum.
Do you want a rewarding career while making a positive impact in people’s lives? Become a DSP with this great company!