WE are hiring a talented, licensed Community Manager (Property Manager) to lead our team at Lofts by the Lake in Greer, SC!
A minimum of three years’ experience in the multifamily industry including manager level experience is desired. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with Class A properties* property management. * Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Additionally, candidate must be organized and possess strong computer skills. Extensive knowledge of Onesite and community budgeting with an exceptional background in financial reporting is also required.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, as well as opportunity for advancement.
The Community Managers first responsibility is to maintain excellent relations with residents and future residents. Manage the day-to-day operations of an assigned property including managing the team members, daily activities, and resources of the property to achieve established budgeted financial and operational goals, and ensures that the operation of the property complies with Company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other laws and regulations governing multi-family housing operations.
To supervise all phases of on-site operations:
- Handles emergency situations.
- Develops and implements new strategies and programs designed to ensure long-term residency.
- Oversees collection of revenues and handles delinquent accounts.
- Makes regular inspections of apartment communities.
- Handles evictions and landlord liens.
- For all on-site personnel, is responsible for training and job performance.
- Hires and terminates hourly personnel.
- Determines transitions and promotions for on-site personnel.
- Adheres to and implements all company policies.
- Audits the lease files.
- Implements scheduled rent increases.
- Oversees payment of invoices.
- Assists in budget preparation.
- Monitors parking lot for unauthorized vehicles.
- Motivates staff.
- Informs residents of work progress or delays.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience in multifamily property management, including management level.
- Experience with leasing properties with luxury amenities desired.
- Experience in resident relationships, including planning and implementing social events, new letters and daily interaction.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions about the property’s operation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents. Strong proficiency in using property management software One Site.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to hire, lead, direct, evaluate, and manage subordinate and team members, including maintenance specialists.
High School diploma, and employment history that demonstrates the application of property management, sales, marketing, and customer service background sufficient to manage the day-to-day operation of an apartment community, resolve customer complaints and issues, complete financial records, documents, and reports, increase sales revenues, and coordinate the work of a team. Bachelor’s degree in Property Management, Real Estate, Business, Hospitality, or related field preferred. You must be a licensed property manager in the state of South Carolina to be considered for this position.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
- New Construction Property Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Residential Property Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan 401K after 1 year
- Paid time off vacation and sick time allotment