Come join the competitive, fun, and rewarding atmosphere that AMCOL offers. The chance to prove yourself with growth opportunities is wide open as we continue to expand! We offer paid training, full benefits and a fantastic 401k plan with an aggressive matching opportunity! We also offer tuition reimbursement and many other employee perks to go along with our benefit opportunities. There is also an employee referral program that could land you an extra $500 to $750 for each referred employee that is hired.
The Marketing & Communications Specialist is responsible for creating written responses to requests for proposals and for seeking continual improvement in how the company responds to requests for proposals to help retain existing clients and drive new business revenue. This position also serves as a writer for other communications that support sales activities.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stay abreast of all healthcare entities that could possibly be publishing healthcare revenue cycle RFP’s. Contact those entities to make certain the Company is on the list to receive notifications and register the Company in the web portals for those organizations.
- Respond to all requests for proposals in a professional and timely manner. Proposal content should clearly and accurately describe services by using good business writing principles and practices.
- Collaborate with the sales team and appropriate department heads to obtain a thorough understanding of the scope of work to ensure the content of the proposals are factual, accurate, and complete.
- Manage proposal schedules and deadlines to ensure submission requirements are met.
- Review preliminary proposals for clarity, conciseness, completeness, accuracy, consistency, and credibility; eliminate jargon, acronyms and passive language before submitting to CEO for final review and submission.
- Develop and maintain documentation of proposal processes, including accurate record keeping of pending and historical proposal statuses, schedules and deadlines.
- Help identify needs, gaps and areas of improvement in processes and procedures related to proposal response development and production.
- Escalate issues related to content or completion of proposal to appropriate department head and CEO.
- Assist in keeping CRM current for sales prospects and clients. Assist CEO in keeping his prospects current by transferring his notes to CRM system.
- Attend pre-bid conferences via conference call, web meetings, or in-person as directed.
- Maintain an accurate list of all present and future proposals with up-to-date status. Follow up with organization to determine the exact status as needed.
- Manage all social media, including LinkedIn. Write articles twice weekly for the CEO using his content for publishing. Stay multiple weeks ahead in writing of articles to allow focus on proposals.
- Stay current on industry news for potential topics for articles, social media postings, and staff communications.
- Work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Represent the Company in a positive manner through professional conduct, attitude, and appearance.
- Understand and comply with Company policies and procedures.
- Follow Company Confidentiality and Security policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- In-depth understanding of AMCOL products, services, and processes preferred.
- Capacity to be responsible, flexible, accountable, and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, adapt, and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people across different functions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Expert proficiency of all Microsoft Office Suite Applications required (including Microsoft Publisher).