- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
_ ~ 2022 Best Places to Work in South Carolina Award Winner ~
Don't just get a job, own a piece of the company.
We are hiring a Machine Operator in Elgin, SC plant. If you are thoughtful, deliberate, and precise, with an eye for managing detail-work and always following through. And you are collaborative, but you also enjoy working quietly and diligently on their own. This job is mechanical and technical more than with people. The work environment is predictable, team oriented and requires a desire for high quality output / accuracy.
- Program, setup, and manual machines including grinders to produce any given product to a customer's specification on dimensions, functionality, quality, and delivery.
- Maintain a safe working environment that is organized, clean, and free from debris
- Perform periodic preventative maintenance on equipment being used, including daily cleaning and daily maintenance checklists
- Perform inspections on all products to ensure product quality before it reaches the Quality department.
- Work with CAD/CAM to facilitate the production of products and drawings.
- Work with department supervisor to ensure smooth flow between other departments during multi-departmental jobs.
- Maintain tooling in organized manner. Inspect tooling before use to ensure quality product is produced.
- Clear understanding of offsets, fixturing, and programming techniques.
- Good skills with conventional inspection equipment. CMM experience is preferred.
- Good organizational skills.
- Minimum 5 years Machine Operator skills
- Able to setup and run concurrent jobs on multiple machines
- Able to use standard measuring equipment such as micrometers, comparators
- Strong Shop math skills
- Able to work to metric dimensions
- Experience with Lean manufacturing principles and ISO quality systems.
- Paid PTO
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Vision & Dental
- Life Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- 4 day work week
- First Shift
- Occasional Overtime
- ~ Pay & Benefits details are available during interviews
About AMBAC International:
AMBAC is a global supplier of fuel systems and related components to the heavy-duty diesel industry. We have been producing engine systems since 1910, making us one of the oldest and most experienced companies in our industry. We primarily supply diesel fuel systems, electric governors, and advanced components. Our products are used in global transportation, agriculture, aviation, defense, power generation, and more.
Employee Owned and Open Book Managed:
Think and Act Like an Owner - and be rewarded like one:
As an open book, Great Game of Business company, AMBAC has a culture of financial literacy. We begin by teaching all associates how the business runs - including our financial goals, taking ownership of goals, and then sharing in the rewards and as our goals are achieved. When AMBAC wins, everyone wins. Through our Gain Share Program all employees a direct financial stake in the company's success.
AMBAC International is employee owned, open book, equal opportunity employer, and a drug free work environment.
AMBAC InternationalElgin, SC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.