Senior Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager
Title: Associate, Project Manager
Level: 5 -8
Reports To: Group Leader
AMA Group is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager to work on, and manage, a variety of projects, from large to small, providing technical leadership. This role is called Associate within AMA Group. You will be client interfacing and responsible for all facets of product delivery to clients.
This role will be a first-level Manager where you direct, control, and monitor all project activities. You are considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline, an emerging subject matter expert.
Who We Are? AMA Group is considered an industry leader in the design of MEP/FP building systems for media, broadcast, and production facilities, including sound stage campuses, having a portfolio of over 1000 such completed projects, as well as a diverse array of corporate, financial, education and residential mixed-use, and high rises clients. AMA Group employs 200+ dedicated and talented professionals with 40+ licensed professional engineers and many others holding a variety of technology, energy, and sustainability-related certifications. Founded in 2000 in New York City, we’ve grown to provide a comprehensive suite of services across national offices in New York, New Jersey, California, Florida, and Texas.
The Employee Experience
At AMA, people are at the heart of everything we are and what we do. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where all our employees flourish, individually as a team; with employee experience at our focal point, we are dedicated to ensuring employees’ development, wellness, and overall experiences are satisfying and rewarding. We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package to our team members and provide an open, honest, and fun work environment. We were voted #7 2023 Best Medium Company to Work For in New York, and were also named a Best Place to Work in NYC 2022 by Crain’s.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager, you will be responsible for planning, interpreting, organizing, scheduling, and managing projects through all phases of development. In your role, you will:
- Planning, analyzing, organizing, scheduling, and managing projects through all phases of development
- Accountable for client satisfaction and business development
- Establish and monitor the budget, manage the project team., and prepare schedules to ensure efficient use of resources
- Oversee design development, production of working drawings, and construction administration on projects
- Responsible for several concurrent projects
- Preparation of client proposals, basis-of-design descriptions, responses to client comments, and other project-related documentation
- Manage a significant amount of work as a project manager
- At times you will be relied upon to be the senior designer on assigned projects
Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering required; PE highly preferred
- Minimum 6 years of experience in mechanical engineering; field experience required; people management experience highly preferred
- Experience managing project teams
- Experience with project scheduling, commitments, and submission deadlines
- Expert knowledge of building codes and standards, engineering drafting standards, mechanical engineering standards, and other trades
- Expert understanding of the construction process and interpretation of construction drawings
- Expert knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
To all recruitment agencies: AMA Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of AMA Group without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of AMA Group. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [”protected characteristics’] including, but not limited to: race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status of any person, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
AMA GroupMiami, FL
ManufacturingView All AMA Group Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.