System Administrator, Senior
Who We Are: AM Pierce & Associates and Applied Technologies Group (ATG), a wholly owned subsidiary of AM Pierce and Associates, is a woman-owned small business providing Engineering & Research, Cyber, C5ISR, Program & Acquisition Management services and solutions to a diverse government and industry client base. We are a stable and growing company who offers our employees a rich benefits package, supportive and flexible work environment, and the opportunity to work with experts in their field.
The Position: Performs the role of System Administrator, Senior in support of the Future Vertical Lift Program Office. Future Vertical Lift (FVL) is a plan to develop a family of military helicopters for the United States Armed Forces. Five different sizes of aircraft are to be developed, sharing common hardware such as sensors, avionics, engines, and countermeasures.
The Location: NAS Patuxent River, Maryland
For more information about AM Pierce & Associates, please visit our website at www.ampierce.com.
- Provide engineering solutions for various and unique problem sets and customers in a government software hosting facility.
- Deploy and maintain physical and virtual hardware infrastructure, to include virtual machines and containers.
- Perform routine maintenance and configuration changes to various physical and virtual hosts.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of hardware and software issues on servers, workstations, and IT equipment.
- Maintain system backups and disaster recovery plans.
- Manage user accounts and permissions.
- Deploy and maintain software applications.
- Troubleshoot technical issues.
- Maintain documentation to include knowledge base, incident response actions, system configurations, and other information related to system administration.
- Provide technical support to customers, ranging from resolving technical issues to providing guidance and best-practices.
- Secure information systems and applications to current DoD guidance
- Maintain configuration and security posture of information systems through continuous monitoring and routine security events/reporting.
- Participate in project planning using Agile methodology.
- Provide networking support to on-premises infrastructure.
- Strong understanding and familiarity of Linux operating system
Education and Experience:
- At least ten (10) years of experience in system administration, performing the functional duties for this position. Operating System certificate (i.e. Windows or Linux) and COMPTIA Security + or other DOD INST 8570 compliant qualification required.
- BS or BA degree in a Technical Discipline.
- An Active DoD Secret clearance
- Application administration (NoMagic Teamwork Cloud, Atlassian Tool Suite)
- Familiarization with DoD RMF process and policies
- 8570 Compliant
- Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Security+ Certification
- Linux OS
- GitOps tooling - Python, Ansible, Terraform
- Familiarization with DevSecOps
The Working Environment: The physical environment is remote.. On some occasions, the employee may be required to drive to offices or buildings near the work site. In rare occasions, travel may be required.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. AM Pierce and Associates as well as its subsidiaries may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
AM Pierce and Associates as well as its subsidiaries invests in its employees beyond just compensation. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities. AM Pierce and Associates as well as its subsidiaries also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Accidental Death & Disability Coverage, Traditional 401(k) and ROTH 401k Retirement Plans, Discretionary Profit-Sharing Program, Paid Time Off and Holidays, Professional Development Opportunities, Incentive Programs, Awards and Recognition, Employee Assistance Program, Will Preparation, Identity Theft Protection & Legal Support, Referral Program, Voluntary Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Pet Insurance, Norton Life Lock, and HSA and FSA.
The specific program and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, Full or Part-time status, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
AM Pierce & Associates as well as its subsidiaries complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations concerning Affirmative action and workplace equal opportunity; in further detail, AM Pierce & Associates as well as its subsidiaries does not discriminate in employment decisions (to include applicants and employees) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. AM Pierce & Associates as well as its subsidiaries takes affirmative action to ensure that equal opportunity is provided in all aspects of employment. AM Pierce & Associates as well as its subsidiaries does not take adverse employment actions against applicants and employees for asking about, discussing, or sharing information about their pay or the pay of their co-workers. For more information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, click here.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with AM Pierce and Associates as well as its subsidiaries through its online applicant system, please contact AM Pierce and Associates Human Resources Department at 240-718-3800.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers site because of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email our email@example.com and provide your name and contact information or call 240-718-3800.
If your background meets the qualifications of the position, please submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or Job Listings - Applied Technologies Group, Inc. (applicantpro.com) AM Pierce & Associates verifies employment eligibility through E-Verify. Check out our E-Verify Right to Work Brochure.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time/Part-time position
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AM Pierce and Associates20670, MD
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.