The Albert M. Higley Co. is one of the most experienced and respected construction firms in Ohio. For nearly a century we have helped our clients realize their goals and visions, while always adhering to our principles of honesty, integrity, and mutual respect. To date we have completed more than 10,000 projects totaling in excess of $8 billion of construction for many of the region’s leading corporations and institutions.
But this is just the beginning. Today we are stronger and better positioned to serve our clients than ever before. Our systems, processes, and technologies are among the best in the industry, and we are continuously evolving and innovating to better serve our clients, today and in the future. But what truly sets us apart is our people. Their dedication to best-in-class service, capacity for innovation and problem solving, unwavering dedication to client satisfaction, and commitment to improving the communities in which we live and work help make us the construction professionals of choice.
The Albert M. Higley Co. has an immediate need for a full-time CONSTRUCTION ACCOUNTANT, reporting to the Accounting Manager. This role is primarily responsible for the processing and administration of project-related accounting.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the financial life cycle of construction projects from inception through closing.
- Manage the Accounts Receivable process including:
- Processing owner progress billings as well as managing the creation, review, and submission to all stakeholders.
- Helping to facilitate the processing of cash receipts and the prompt payment of associated subcontractors.
- Participate in month-end close reconciliations and processes including job costing, journal entries, variance reporting, ensuring vouchers and invoices are posted to appropriate periods, and other month-end checklist tasks.
- Participate in special projects for the accounting team as needed.
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and maximize efficiencies.
What you’ll need:
- Understanding of the procedures, concepts and practices of accounting and financial analysis.
- Creativity, flexibility and strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in area of accounting or finance with three to five years of experience.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Construction accounting and billing experience preferred but not required.
- Management or team leader experience a plus.
- Self-motivation with a strong sense of urgency and “whatever it takes” mentality.
- Desire to continuously improve and produce results.
- High integrity and core values.
- Exceptional attention to detail with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal skills with high degree of team orientation.
- Proficiency in use of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Experience with ERP systems a plus.
What you’ll get:
- A competitive pay for performance compensation package.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and company-matched 401k savings plan.
- Generous flexibility and paid time off.
- Fun, challenging and team-oriented company culture.
- Room for growth and advancement.