- Posted: over a month ago
ALTIVIA is looking for an experienced Inspector for our facility in Dunbar, WV. This position's responsibilities are the execution and administration of all aspects of the plant’s Mechanical Integrity & Quality program by working with plant personnel. This role may be responsible for monitoring the compliance of internal quality systems and executing routine and non-routine inspections of primary equipment, pressure vessels, piping, and tanks. The individual will be responsible for the upkeep of the plant’s piping programs and the overall improvement of equipment reliability throughout the plant.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with developing, implementing, and maintaining the pressure vessel inspection plan with engineering and corrosion specialist support, meeting all QMS requirements.
- Perform inspection tasks and schedule monitoring programs to ensure the mechanical integrity of the equipment, including: Familiarize themselves with prior history of the vessels they are responsible for, reviewing the vessel’s previous inspection results, prior repairs, and current inspection plan;
- Determine the types of inspection required, e.g. ,internal, external, on-stream, etc.;
- Perform internal inspection of vessels in accordance with the inspection plan;
- Verify that all new materials used during repairs or alterations are consistent with the specifications;
- Assure that the minimum preheat and post weld heat treatments are performed in accordance with the qualified welding procedures.
- Authorize any repair or alteration work before the work is started and designate the hold points that are required;
- Determine the corrosion rates, remaining life, and nsubsequentinspection date for each pressure vessel;
- Assess preferential weld corrosion of in-service welds and joints
- Review and update the inspection and NDE techniques required for each piece of equipment, including the extent and locations of inspection and NDE;
- Ensure all NDE results are evaluated and determined to be accepted or rejected, with recommendations to resolve all deficiencies.
- Determine the pressure test requirements for pressure vessels after alterations or major repairs, i.e., type of test, test medium, test pressure, test gauges, duration, regulatory requirements and forms
- Identify and document any required repairs, including ensuring all regulatory rules are followed and completing regulatory forms;
- Specify any special equipment access requirements, including all safety conditions and permissions.
- Be familiar with risk-based inspection (RBI) assessment to determine risk, including a systematic evaluation of both the probability and consequence of failure in accordance with API 580.
- Maintain permanent and progressive records of all pressure vessels and pressure relieving devices, including adding new information pertinent to the equipment's operation, inspection, and maintenance history.
- Good knowledge of all local jurisdiction laws, codes, standards, and regulations.
- Good knowledge of corrosion and welding, including corrosion-related damage mechanisms, base metals, filler metals, heat treatment, welding metallurgy, weld and corrosion testing, fabrication planning, and welding repairs.
- Good knowledge of qualifying welding procedure specifications (WPS) and welder/welding operator qualifications, including all regulatory requirements.
- Good knowledge of ASME P-Numbers 1, 3, 4, 5A, andeight8 base metals (carbon steel, alloy steel, and austenitic stainless steel)
- Advanced knowledge of NDE methods (MT, PT, UT, and RT), including ASME Sec. V.
- CSA B51 Code, ASME B&PV Code, and ASME B31 Piping Code experience is required, where API ICP Supplementary Certifications would be an asset (e.g., API 571, 577, and 580)
- API Certifications 510, 653, and 570
ManufacturingView all jobs at ALTIVIA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?