Sr Network Engineer-REMOTE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If interested please reach out directly to email@example.com or call/text #301-252-8762
SR NETWORK ENGINEER
PREFERRED CERTS: CCNP, CCNA, OR ITIL
The successful candidate will evaluate, design, document, install, implement, test, and perform problem isolation and resolution, monitor, tune and set standards for all aspects of Networking. Maintain a complex range of computer network components and systems. Plan and coordinate computer network initiatives. Research, evaluate and recommend new computer network equipment and technologies. Design solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment. Provide internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers, computer operations, workstation support, company management and departmental clients. Works with other Special Operations network professionals as directed to coordinate efforts, resolve cross-team issues and communicate changes.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
- CCNP required
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred
- Experience with Cisco ASA Firewall administration and IDS/IPS modules
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting IPSec and SSL VPNs
- Expert level knowledge of the OSI model, common network protocols, TCP/UDP ports, and common network troubleshooting tools (tcpdump, wireshark, etc)
- Ability to troubleshoot multi-vendor network issues in the LAN/WAN and work with multiple teams to identify bottlenecks and other network configuration issues
- Experience with Cisco Nexus products preferred
- Understanding of the Cisco UCS integrated infrastructure and Flexpod Data Center solutions
- Has full technical knowledge of all phases of network operations.
- Must be able to evaluate network performance and interact with users to solve complex networking problems
- Excellent communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- May be required to provide clear written documentation on network procedures and diagrams
- Must be able to effectively interact with staff from other sections on complex client/server problems
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand network evaluation criteria and be exact in assessments
- Must closely follow network protocols and methodology
- Reviews the work of others and is able to detect errors or needed modifications
ALTA IT Services