SolarWinds Systems Administrator
Per Federal Govt Sector U.S Citizenship Required
Contract to Hire Permanent
NW Washington DC 20581 (No Telework)
Must be able to pass federal background check for Public Trust Clearance
$25.00/hr- $28.00/hr W2
The SolarWinds systems administrator position involves working in an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) environment on a federal government contract with a team of systems administrators involving frequent collaborative efforts with network engineering team and other departments to support a variety of customer environments across multiple data centers.
This position's primary responsibilities are:
- SolarWinds configuration and administration;
- Processing of SolarWinds monitoring alerts;
- Windows server virtual machine provisioning and patching.
- Configure, provision, and administer SolarWinds monitoring & alerts for the operations environment.
- Work with team to respond to and process all monitoring alerts.
- Provision new Windows server virtual machines.
- Assist with the maintenance and patching of Windows servers.
- Develop, implement, maintain and enforce documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
- Provides training for system products and procedures.
- Performs SolarWinds upgrade and patching.
- Troubleshoots problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience configuring Solarwinds monitoring & alerts.
- Solarwinds agent deployment to Windows and Linux systems, and agentless (SNMP-based) monitoring of appliances.
- Experience interfacing with IT leads to ensure proper escalation of issues during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Monitoring and responding to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Experience provisioning new Windows server virtual machines via templates in VMware.
- Experience patching Windows servers.
- Knowledge of hardware, software, network operations functions, packet switching, communications protocols, and diagnostic tools.
- Experience monitoring service thresholds.
- Work in a team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work maintenances on weekends (twice a month).
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- SolarWinds Certified Professional
- MCSE, MCSA, or MCP
- ITIL v3 Foundations
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.