CYBER SECURITY TECHNICAL LEAD - HYBRID ON OFF DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Technical Lead Cyber Security
Reports to CISO
Location: Washington, DC
Hybrid Schedule - Onsite 2X /Week
6-Month Contract to Hire, GREAT BENEFITS!!!
RESUME TO CRISS BRIENT AT: CBRIENT@ALTAITS.COM
Provides the vision and leadership necessary to manage the risk to the organization and will ensure business alignment, effective governance, system and product availability, integrity, and confidentiality.
Responsible for overseeing our organization's overall cybersecurity posture. The role supervises all aspects of IT security including staff, policy, design, development, implementation, incident response, budgets, and internal business partners. This position requires demonstrated experience in implementing, overseeing, and transforming security operations, including vulnerability assessments and security in a hybrid cloud environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direction for the College’s cybersecurity and data protection and oversee security governance and policies.
- Define metrics and report on information security metrics to senior level staff as required.
- Supervise staff as assigned in the performance of the job duties.
- Develop and maintain an enterprise-wide security strategy, individual security awareness programs, security architecture, and security incident response plans and required artifacts.
- Provide strategic risk guidance and mitigation strategies for IT projects, including evaluation and recommendation of security and technical controls.
- Educate IT leadership on appropriate security risks and mitigation strategies.
- Collaborate with IT and internal compliance team(s) as needed.
- Coordinate the security component of both internal and external audits to ensure security programs follow all applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Develop, maintain, and publish up-to-date security policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Manage and lead security focused initiatives and work closely with various Scrum teams to maintain a strong security posture.
- Oversee training and dissemination of security policies and practices for the enterprise.
- Evaluate new and emerging cybersecurity threats and IT trends and develop effective security controls and mitigation strategies. Oversee development of security awareness programs for the enterprise.
- Develop, review, and test incident response plans to align with the business continuity management program goals.
- Evaluates potential security breaches, coordinates response, and recommends corrective actions.
- Performs effective and comprehensive root cause analysis for all applicable security and data related incidents and ensures internal incident reports thoroughly document that facts surrounding incidents and ensure corrective action steps have been documented and completed.
- 5+ of experience in the field of IT security
- Experience leading a cybersecurity team and their day-to-day activities
- Experience in establishing cybersecurity and risk metrics for reporting
- Strong interpersonal and emotional Intelligence skills
- Demonstrated management skills, e.g., budget development and administration, policy development and implementation, personnel administration, staff training and development
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse people
- Effective oral and written communication
- Experience and understanding of O365 products and services, cloud authentication and authorization, cloud security.
- Experience with security tools, such as Qualys, Splunk, NewRelic
- Self-directed and initiative-taking. Thinks beyond the immediate problem
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and possess strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- A willingness and aptitude to learn modern technologies
- Experience working both independently and, in a collaborative environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple activities and/or tasks simultaneously
ALTA IT Services
TechnologyView all jobs at ALTA IT Services
Get fresh Cyber Security Lead jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.