Cyber Network Defense Analyst
Active Top Secret/SCI Required
Cyber Certification Required (IAT Level II EX: CySA or Security+ )
Hampton, VA (Langley AFB)
SHIFT WORK: 10 hour shifts 0600 – 1600 (Day Shift) & (10pm – 0800) Mid Shift. We work 4 days on/3 days off.
All candidates must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal state/federal background check prior to starting
Due to COVID-19 Social Distancing the candidate can telework. If we return to the office the candidate must be available to work on premise
You will be joining a contract team of nearly 100 personnel representing all facets of IT. Your specific duties will be a part of an 8-person team of Computer Network Defense Analyst's performing 24/7/365 cyber monitoring and intrusion detection actions for the AF DCGS Enterprise. Working with 2 to 3 team members on a shift. Open floor Network Operations Center environment.
- Provide Computer Network Defense (CND) 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week
- Provide near-real-time monitoring and analysis of insider and external threats utilizing network security tools and custom developed scripts IAW Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 502
- Perform near-real-time network security alerting and problem resolution
- Prioritize remediation efforts using reliable threat intelligence
- Monitor and protect the security of the DCGS from internal and external threats
- Implement the Enterprise Audit Conceptual Framework as defined by Intelligence Community Standard (ICS) 500-27
- Perform all functions of the CND Framework
- Generate a complete list of auditable events for all user activity and then process, format, filter, and share the data
- Provide risk determination recommendations to the Authorizing Official (AO) regarding acceptance or rejection of an Authority to Operate (ATO) or Authority to Test (Telecommunication)
- Assess and report cyber readiness; perform an analysis of trends and concerns, and report key findings (i.e. provide recommendations and knowledge transfer based upon key findings)
- Provide weekly update to Government program leads on current status of cyber readiness
- Provide a robust set of checks and balances to protect against unauthorized network modifications, penetrations, and other threats that might affect mission operations
- Manage antivirus definition files on DCGS Enterprise information systems
- Provide guidance and assistance to other units and agencies responding to security events
- Track and ensure enterprise compliance of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA), DISA assist bulletins, and Air Force Computer Response Team (AFCERT) notifications and compliance with other governing directives
- Perform and oversee network vulnerability scanning functions IAW governing directive
- Clearance: TS/SCI
- Shift Work (10 hr shifts 4 days on & 3 Days off) Day shift 0600-1600; Mid Shift 10 pm – 0800am
- Minimum of three (3) years' of network and system security experience
- Strong knowledge of HBSS
- Demonstrated knowledge of the CND Framework 220.127.116.11 Possess IAT Level II certifications
- Possess Cyber Analysis (CySA) certification IAW DoD 8570
ALTA IT Services
Why Work Here?ALTA is a highly successful, rapidly growing IT staffing firm with a diverse client base. We were ranked the largest staffing firm in the Washington Business Journal. Our clients have been with us for many years due to the quality of our staff and the level of service received. We are looking to expand our team with people that can carry on our tradition of excellence.
Longstanding government contractor!