ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
Under the direction of a Chemist/Sr. Chemist/Supervisor, Laboratory technicians test various products within a laboratory environment and are responsible for:
• Prepare, analyze, and perform sample analysis.
• Ensure that proper analysis methods are conducted on the appropriate sample.
• Maintain quality control records and perform quality review of data to ensure the accuracy and integrity of results.
• Prepare both quantitative and qualitative standards and reagents for analysis of product samples.
• Maintain laboratory instruments in working order and make any minor repairs that are necessary.
• Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
• Plumbing products test set up for leaching based on required standard.
• Preparation and analysis of custom leachate waters based on standard operating procedure.
• Ensure proper analysis methods are conducted and standard operating procedures are correctly followed on the appropriate samples.
• Prepare samples for metal analysis by chopping, gridding and cutting using variety of mechanical tools.
• Perform required water change on the plumbing product samples.
• Take photos of samples.
• Become proficient in sample digestion process for metals analysis.
• Train in ICP/ICP-MS instrument maintenance and data review.
• Support quality department and continuous improvement process.
• Communicate procedural and operational difficulties and delays as required.
• Use Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) to record and document all analytical activities during the processing of samples.
• Maintain a clean and orderly workspace.
• Perform other related duties as needed.
• Competency Requirements for Product Certification: - Knowledge of the standards. - Knowledge of certification process through training to Product Certification SOP’s and controlled documents. - Knowledge of certification process specific to NSF/ANSI 61 and NSF/ANSI 372 standards.
- A high school diploma minimum
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and follow direction
- Strong commitment to quality and integrity
- Monday - Friday work schedule (weekends if scheduled)
- The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers
- Dexterity in hands and fingers
- Must have average vision and able to see to read labels
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster