- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, life insurance,
Alphacore is known for developing ground-breaking electronic products that outperform designs from larger industry leaders. We are seeking an innovative thinker able to develop or research novel technologies and apply new ideas to keep us ahead of the competition. The ideal Senior Scientist candidate will have a proven track record of leadership in a collaborative environment to create integrated circuits (ICs) and IC-based systems and to actively contribute to the market success of those products.
You, as a successful candidate, will have demonstrated, successful, expert experience in the physics and technology of electronics devices and systems. You will be an expert, a leader, and a mentor who works effectively in a multi-disciplinary, team-oriented R&D and product development environment. You will facilitate modelling, simulation and analysis, as well as assist in the development, fabrication and test of prototype IC and systems. As a Senior Scientist, you will originate and innovative novel technologies, write and develop innovative proposals and presentations, and provide project leadership for specific efforts through frequent interaction and coordination with customers, principal investigators, scientists, project leaders, engineers, and technical support personnel. You will guide the work of Design, Test and Application Engineers, and be a significant contributor to strategic and tactical decision making at the corporate level.
- Provide vision and guidance for team members and others in the organization.
- Direct R&D work, collect and interpret the results, and summarize the findings in reports to staff, stakeholders, and customers.
- Originate and author technical proposals to customers, including government and commercial customers.
- Review and improve documentation of prototype specifications and procedures to support engineering and marketing teams
- MSc or PhD in EE or Physics with a focus on electronics technology.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience with the physics and technology of novel concepts and developments in high-end electronics. Industrial experience is a plus.
- Experience in methods of microelectronics components evaluation, data acquisition, and signal processing.
- Experience in the technology of integrated circuits, printed circuit boards, and electronic systems. Knowledge of imaging systems, radiation effects, and/or semiconductor physics is a plug.
- Five years of demonstrated experience leading teams in a research and manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting and exceeding project goals and objectives by cooperating and communicating well with project management, engineering, technician, and procurement groups. Experience in project or program management is a plus.
- Specific experience in three or more of the following: integrated circuit design and layout, PCB circuit design and layout, FPGA programming, radiofrequency (RF) systems and instrumentation, data converters, imaging and lidar systems, hardware cyber security, power management products, and radiation environments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrated result in project funding from either formal proposals or pitching project concepts to customers.
- Demonstrated experience presenting work progress and work products that exceed expectations to project leadership, management, and customers. Demonstrated experience in teaching others to do the same.
- Ability to work BOTH independently and collaboratively while maintaining a high level of efficiency.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH ALPHACORE:
· The chance to be a part of the rapidly growing startup in microelectronic field and the next success story
· Diverse work environment
· A knowledgeable and high-achieving, experienced and fun team.
- 401K plan with company match
- Paid time off and paid company holidays,
- Medical, dental, vision, life and other voluntary benefits
- Family care and bonding leave
- Volunteer and community involvement opportunities
Company's website: www.alphacoreinc.com
Work Location: Tempe, AZ/Hybrid
Alphacore is a young, rapidly growing technology company: we were identified as one of the fastest growing companies in the US on last year’s Inc 500 Magazine list! We were also ranked #6 in the country for Top Computer Hardware Companies category!
Although we are just a few years old, Alphacore has the kind of benefits you would expect from a much larger company.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Alphacore Team
304 S. Rockford DrTempe, AZ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?