Essential duties and responsibilities of this position are described below. The functions may be subject to change due to reasonable accommodations, change in operating requirements or other reasons. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Provides mental health assessment, treatment and case management services in collaboration with a multidisciplinary mental health team in an outpatient setting. Duties include initial mental health assessments, crisis interventions, conducting psycho-educational and therapy groups, and discharge planning to facilitate linking clients with community resources when discharged from treatment. Duties also include monitoring, assessing and providing mental health services for clients and their families seeking assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Apply ethical and legal principles to the placement treatment of clients with mental health problems in a outpatient setting, ensuring that clients receive appropriate mental health care.
· Uphold all HIPAA, OSHA and PREA requirements and ensure compliance with all Federal and State laws, regulations and guidelines.
· Fully comply with all security regulations and directives of the assigned agency.
· Ensure compliance with all ALPHA Behavioral Health protocol, procedures and guidelines.
· Uphold all rules and regulations governing mental health confidentially.
· Provide mental health services and clinical responsibilities consistent with education, training and professional experience.
· Complete mental health assessments in format required by the agency for clients referred based on intake process, staff referral or client self-referral.
· Participate in multidisciplinary treatment team for development of client individual treatment plans and subsequent treatment plan reviews.
· Provide regular updates to assigned clients to determine current mental status and functioning.
· Conduct therapy and psycho educational groups focused on improving clients coping skills.
· Utilize evidence-based treatment methods in treating clients.
· Provide educational and other information to better assist clients in defining goals and implementing treatment plans to achieve personal, social, educational and/or vocational development and adjustment.
· Provide crisis intervention as requested.
· Complete assessments of clients at intake and regularly thereafter as assigned.
· Complete documentation of processes in accordance with ALPHA procedures.
· In form supervisor and psychiatric staff of significant change in an client’s functioning.
· Advise medical personnel of client’s medical, dental or physical restriction or needs.
· Complete discharge planning for assigned client consistent with client expectations. May act as a liaison with community agencies and contacts providing services to clients.
· Provide timely, accurate, and concise documentation of client’s care; legibly document all clients’ encounters in the E-Clinicals paperless system.
· Provide documented supervision for unlicensed mental health staff as required by the State.
· Be proactive in performance improvement activities.
· Attend seminars, workshops, conferences, etc. as required by ALPHA; ensures compliance with all facility and ALPHA protocols, procedures, and guidelines.
· Attend staff meetings, as well as other meetings as required.
· Follow Universal Precautions at all times.
· Provide on call mental health services if assigned.
· Problem Sensitivity/Solving – Ability to tell when something is wrong or likely to go wrong.
· Inductive Reasoning – Excellent observations skills and the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions.
· Oral communication – Ability to relate and convey knowledge in a constructive and enabling manner to clients, facility staff, exercising diplomacy; ability to positively interact with external agencies and the public.
· Written communication – Ability to edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively and read and interpret written information, to include the ability to write and articulate progress notes and summaries in clear, concise and accurate manner.
· Quality Control – Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality.
· Adaptability – Adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and demonstrate ability to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events and ability to work under emergency conditions.
· Stress Tolerance – Recognize crisis situations and react to such in a calm, mature manner, accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations; and the ability to identify, react to and report security concerns.