ALMACO is currently seeking a Factory Service Technician to work from our facility located in Nevada, IA. Factory Service Technicians work on a team to complete preventative maintenance, repairs, and modifications of ALMACO combines and planters.
Our machines are highly technical, and we work as generalists - this means that you may be working on mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and computer systems. Our machines are also custom-designed for each client, so our team is made up of people who can solve problems quickly and creatively.
ALMACO offers great benefits and a fun work environment. Our employees tell us that they can't find the flexibility that we can offer at any other employer. If you're wanting variety in your work, the ability to work independently, and new challenges every day, this is the right place for you.
- Perform maintenance, preventative maintenance, and complex repairs to ALMACO agricultural research equipment, including harvesters and planters.
- Disassemble products for purposes of diagnosing or correcting problems or installing replacement parts, and rebuild products after modifications, replacements, or repairs are complete.
- Maintain service reports on a daily or per job basis as well as documentation of labor.
- Provide electrical and mechanical support to customers via phone or email to resolve product issues, including troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving mechanical, electrical, and electronic problems.
- May be asked to travel to customer and user sites as a field representative to provide electrical, mechanical, and electronic support and expertise, especially during peak harvesting and planting seasons.
- Serves as the in-house voice of the customer to assist Engineering and Quality Control in the testing of current, new, or modified equipment.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Successful experience with testing, troubleshooting, and repairing electro-mechanical equipment and devices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- A valid Drivers License and ability to be insured under ALMACO auto insurance.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to resolve, discuss, and explain technical information with manufacturing, engineers, and customers for their complete understanding.
- Education or experience with diesel mechanics is preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel by car and airplane.
ALMACO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation,) national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check are required.
ALMACO is a family-owned business located in Nevada, IA, which is about 10 miles from Ames, IA, and about 30 miles away from Des Moines, IA. We employ about 150 talented professionals.