Mobility Software Engineer
ALLTECH SYSTEMS Greenville, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Cloud Infrastructure Architect
The Pay Rate Range for this position is: $80.00 Per Hour Plus Overtime, Paid Time Off Days, Annual Production Bonus & $3,000 Sign On Bonus!(AllTech Systems Inc. has optional healthcare, dental and 401K plans for contract employees! We pay for half of the premiums of our healthcare insurance for our contract employee! **Spouse/children extra)
Position Type: 12 Month Contract (High Chance of Contract Renewal)
Location: 100% REMOTE!
Our automotive manufacturing client has an immediate need for a Cloud Infrastructure Architect. This role is responsible on the infrastructure side, and doesn't have much to do with actual big data processing* Top Skill Set:
(1) Cloud Infrastructure, (2) Kubernetes with EKS or AKS experience, Splunk experience would be nice to have and candidates will be responsible for automating development of klusters.
- Position Purpose/Scope: What are the key objectives of the position? Develops leading edge cloud architectures and technologies to support BMW Group and local DEVOPS Hubs Americas' product teams. Identifies emerging technologies with cloud providers (AWS, Azure) in order to build cloud Infrastructure as Code solutions with availability reaching 99.999% uptime. All solutions will be properly secure and reliably engineered. Provides monitoring and logging of applications/infrastructure.
- List the major duties/accountabilities to achieve the positions key objectives.
Develop and maintain Cloud architectures for BMW product teams
Create and develop Kubernetes architecture and tools for product teams and as platforms
Evaluate and implement Kubernetes managed solutions from vendors (EKS, AKS)
Develop cluster creation/maintenance scripts (Infrastructure as code, Terraform, etc..)
Utilize version control of the Infrastructure as Code with strong understanding of branching and merging strategies (Bitbucket)
Deploy CI/CD pipeline utilization (Jenkins) for the creation of clusters
Enforce user management and role management (AWS, Azure) following Group standards
Perform and create cluster monitoring and infrastructure health reporting (Prometheus, Grafana)
Provide operational expertise to maintain Cloud and Kubernetes infrastructure (technical and budgetary)
Develop network controls (ingress/egress for internet/intranet access)
Maintain cluster security (key management, Vault)
Develop highly available, scalable clusters (scale out, scale up, multiple AZs)
Support cloud based databases (CockRoach) and message queue solutions (RabbitMQ)
Develop logging/monitoring solutions for applications and infrastructure (Splunk)
As a Knowledge expert, share information and vision via documentation and training of others
Interact with internal customers and development team to gather and define requirements and document architecture and approach
Work on several development initiatives concurrently and provide subject matter expertise on implementations and product customization
Define the visualization and realization of future technologies, which will support the complete process from development of concepts and vision to full production ready solutions, which can be integrated rapidly into the automotive environment
Serve as internal consultant to developers and engineers as needed, providing assistance in all phases of product life-cycle development
III. Position Competencies:
- Education: BA/BS Degree in Business, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering preferred or the equivalent of 4 years professional IT related experience. MS degree (preferred).
B) Experience: 5+ years of technical experience in Information Technology to include 2+ years of experience delivering Cloud Architectures (including deployments and operations)
- Training: As applicable, per BMW training guidelines.
- D) Licenses and/or Certifications: AWS/Azure cloud provider training/certifications (preferred)
E) Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Basic = less than 1 year of experience/training needed; Intermediate = 1 – 3 years of experience/some training may be needed; Advanced = 3-5 years of experience/no training needed; Expert = 5+ years of experience/able to train others.
- 3-5 years' experience: Cloud architectures (AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, etc…)
- 3-5 years' experience: Solution architect
- 3-5 years' experience: Operating systems administration and/or lead Developer in a micro-service based product team
- 3-5 years' experience: Developer of Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, YAML, shell scripts)
- 1-3 years' experience: Database Administration; SAP Basis Administration;
- 3-5 years' experience: Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registries
- 3-5 years' experience: At least one scripting language (Python, bash/korne shell, etc…)
- 1-3 years' experience: Agile team processes and work environments
- 1-3 years' experience: Interface with REST Web Services and JSON/XML sufficient to support micro-service developers
To move forward, I would need the following from you immediately:
- UPDATED resume in word format.
2. Your Availability, Immediate, two weeks, etc...
3. Two professional, verifiable references, email address and phone number.
4. A statement from you indicating that my client (AllTech Systems) have the Exclusive right to represent you for this specific requirement.
*No Corp-to-Corp, must be AllTech Systems payroll.
*Work Status: US Citizen or Valid Green Card Holder
TechnologyView all jobs at ALLTECH SYSTEMS