We are a small, entrepreneurial, growing compound pharmacy in Colorado with an exciting fulltime opportunity for an experienced Pharmacist in Charge.
The best candidate is flexible, very approachable, willing to learn, and has the ability to work well with all levels of associates in the company. There is an opportunity to advance in this culture where all are valued and appreciated. Relocation is paid for the right candidate.
Reporting Relationship: Executive Officers
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits, and 401K and paid relocation.
The Pharmacist in Charge is responsible for knowing and interpreting the regulatory aspects of each state that Belmar is licensed in and implementing policy to stay in compliance. The PIC is also responsible for managing the Directors of Compounding and all staff pharmacists. The PIC works in partnership with the Director of Operations to manage workflow to achieve ultimate pharmacy goals.
Education, Skills, Experience:
- 5+ years of experience as a Pharmacist managing Pharmacist’s
- PharmD required
- Registered Pharmacist State of Colorado or ability to obtain licensure prior to start date
- Compounding and/or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Strong Chemistry background preferred
- Obtain and maintain additional state licenses required for the pharmacy
- Must exhibit excellent customer service skills, phone presence
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office products, ability to learn pharmacy dispensing software quickly)
- Technical Writing skills required for writing Standard Operating Procedures
- Strong math skills are essential
Essential Elements of the Job:
- Supervises the dispensing and compounding staff in partnership with the Director of Operations
- Stays current with regulations as they relate to pharmacy practice
- Responsible for leading and preparing for any inspections by regulatory authorities including but not limited to (Colorado Board of Pharmacy, FDA, DEA, NABP)
- Writes and implements Policies and Procedures
- Ensures compliance of Policy and Procedures
- Participates as a member of the Quality and Compliance Teams
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings with executive officers and engages in regular, direct communication with leadership on changing policies and overall pharmacy progress
- Ability to work under deadlines managing multiple key business priorities
- Monitors performance and efficiency metrics by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
- Assists the Director of Operations with annual employee reviews and any disciplinary situations
- Answers questions from fellow pharmacists in a timely manner with a priority on researching the answers
- Strong leadership, training and team-building skills
- Direct involvement in strategic planning and actively engage in decision making.
- Ability to present and communicate successfully with all levels across the organization which requires excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Performs other duties as assigned
Typical Working Conditions:
- May work in a variety of position such as sitting, standing, squatting, kneeling, reaching, and walking; for prolonged periods of time
- Potential exposure to chemicals used in the preparation of compounds (some chemicals are classified as toxic and special safety precautions must be taken when working with these chemicals)
- Must be able to wear required compounding safety equipment for long periods of time when required
ALLMED STAFFING INC
Why Work Here?Allmed is a National Staffing and Recruiting company offering short and long term staffing solutions. We have supplied staffing solutions for providers and managed care organizations throughout the United States since 2003. We work with public and private firms seeking innovative, effective solutions for short and long term staffing strategies that works specifically for them.
ALLMED provides tremendous support, pay at top level and pays weekly; benefits available.