Large managed care company looking for Family Nurse Practitioners for Home Health Assessments and Telehealth visits.
Looking for locations of Montgomery, AL and surrounding counties.
Could be some home health visits along with telehealth screenings.
- · Perform health risk assessments which are essentially history and physicals done within the patient’s home or on occasion in nursing home or other health facility
- · Requires clinical documentation of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues through patient encounter in EMR system
- · Documentation must be accurate, high quality, and completed in a timely manner
- · Provider will ensure all appropriate consent forms are signed and dated
- · Provider will have frequent interaction with patients, coders, schedulers, and supervising physician
- · The provider will educate patients and/or patient’s family on chronic medical conditions, preventative care, and medication adherence compliance
- · Provider will complete referrals to case management, nursing, pharmacy, etc. as needed
- · Provider will participate in clinical meetings and compliance trainings which are primarily web based; however, provider will occasionally be required to attend on-site training for which the provider will be reimbursed
- · Provider will not be required to prescribe medicine nor order any lab or diagnostic testing
- · Provider will occasionally need to obtain samples for diagnostic screening tests such as finger stick for HgbA1C, LDL, and Lead levels; urine analysis may also be required based on client need.
- · Provider will be responsible to review patient records for past and present health issues
- · Provider will need to collaborate with the supervising physician and other members of health care team
- · Provider must be able to interpret laboratory data and diagnostic testing when available to assist in diagnosis of medical conditions
- · As part of the assessment, the provider must do ADL and Fall Risk evaluation, Depression and Nutritional Health Screening, BMI evaluation, and medication reconciliation.
- · Performs other duties as assigned by supervising physician
- · Experience with electronic medical records / electronic health records is a plus but not required
- Required is proficiency with various computer-based applications such as Microsoft Office (Logging into programs, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, general use of mouse and navigation of different programs, typing).
- · Prior clinical experience in geriatric, adult or family medicine is a plus but not required
- · Strong background/interest in primary care and preventative medicine is a plus
- · Must have valid state driver’s license, be able to driver your car, provide your own vehicle, have proof of adequate automobile insurance
- · Highly motivated, self-directed professional with strong organizational skills and comfortable working independently on a daily basis
- · Excellent clinical assessment and analytical skills
- · Effective leadership and interpersonal skills; facilitates problem resolution and maintains a professional demeanor in difficult situations.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- · Proven ability to perform comprehensive, adult/geriatric/pediatric/postpartum physical exams
- · Demonstrated ability to identify, diagnose and document chronic disease in adults
- · Demonstrated ability to recognize conditions, characteristics, and behaviors that place seniors and children at risk
- · Proven ability to pursue feedback, continuing education and professional development
- · Candidate must be willing to travel up to a 100 miles radius from their home zip code
- · Provider must be familiar with preventative medicine in particular cancer screening recommendations
- · Training as a Family Nurse Practitioner is required. Can consider Adult if no pediatric patients will be seen. (see Schedule Notes on Req for specifically required Board Certification)
- · Candidates must be board certified by the ANCC or AANP
- · Must have active/unrestricted license (or near completion of licensure) in state of position opening
- · Must have current BLS certification
- · New graduates will be considered
- · Must be able to be credentialed by Medicare, Medicaid, and other Private Insurance Companies
ALLMED STAFFING INC
Why Work Here?Allmed is a National Staffing and Recruiting company offering short and long term staffing solutions. We have supplied staffing solutions for providers and managed care organizations throughout the United States since 2003. We work with public and private firms seeking innovative, effective solutions for short and long term staffing strategies that works specifically for them.
ALLMED provides tremendous support, pay at top level and pays weekly; benefits available.