A large managed care organization has an immediate contract need for an experienced pharmacy tech to work in a warehouse setting. 2+ years of logistics, direct-to-patient shipping, mail order. Current KS Pharmacy Tech registration: National Certification preferred, but not required.
LOCATION: 10607 Aurora Avenue, Urbandale Iowa 50322
Pay: $18.00 if certified or $/17 if not certified pharmacy tech
SHIFT: 8:30am - 5:30pm M-F
- EDUCATION: High School or GED
- 2+ years of logistics, direct-to-patient shipping, mail order.
- General understanding of shipping/receiving, understanding of what goes into cold chain shipping, receiving experience from a shipping service, understanding of how to check things in, understanding of how things should be packed,
- computer skills – everything they do for shipping is on a computer (windows based system), attention to detail (making sure all packages look the same are boxed correctly).
- Current KS Pharmacy Tech registration: National Certification preferred, but not required.
- General knowledge of medical shipping facility and cold-chain shipping.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Be able to lift 70 pounds
- Basic knowledge of MS Windows operating system
- Basic to intermediate skills using MS Office applications (MS Word and MS Excel at a minimum).
- Experience using email systems - MS Outlook or Outlook Express preferred.
- Experience working with on-screen document images preferred.
- Experience working with computer-based phone applications preferred.
- Exceptional PC skills-ability to toggle between multiple computer applications.
- Ability to enter prescriptions in a pharmacy software application.
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to rotate job functions
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, up to eight (8) hours.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Shipping patient-specific orders, receiving drug and DME supplies, waste and recycling removal, replenishment of shipping supplies, maintain a clean, orderly department. If applicable some assistance as a pharmacy technician may be necessary including picking and filling patient orders.
- Boxing and shipping patient orders, receiving prescription medication and durable medical equipment, removing trash and cardboard from the facility, restocking freezers for cold-chain shipping, replenishing shipping materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively in-person and in writing.- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone, with tact and finesse without becoming defensive, confused or upsetting the customer - excellent command of customer service etiquette skills
- Bi-lingual and multi-lingual skills a plus.
- Strong organizational, detail, and follow-up skills in order to achieve stated goals.
- Ability to identify issues and resolve customer inquires and complaints accurately and promptly.
- Ability to solve problems for which standards solutions may not be available; can identify problems and deter the best solution.
ALLMED STAFFING INC
Why Work Here?Allmed is a National Staffing and Recruiting company offering short and long term staffing solutions. We have supplied staffing solutions for providers and managed care organizations throughout the United States since 2003. We work with public and private firms seeking innovative, effective solutions for short and long term staffing strategies that works specifically for them.
ALLMED provides tremendous support, pay at top level and pays weekly; benefits available.